Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether the CEL coming on if you open the door while charging was addressed in the recent updates? I had that problem while on 6.13. I was updated to 6.14 and 6.15 at the same time right after 6.15 came out. I haven't opened the door while charging in case that issue is still present. It would be nice to know if that issue was settled with 6.15.
 

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
ixtractm said:
Does anyone know whether the CEL coming on if you open the door while charging was addressed in the recent updates? I had that problem while on 6.13. I was updated to 6.14 and 6.15 at the same time right after 6.15 came out. I haven't opened the door while charging in case that issue is still present. It would be nice to know if that issue was settled with 6.15.
In last week's webinar they said there is a download available from the dealer (post 6.15) to fix the CEL while charging issue. It will be rolled into 6.20 which is planned for mid-June release.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
I have 6.15 and as soon as I got home after that update and plugged in, my uncle who wanted to see the car, opened the rear door. Boom. My first ever CEL. Still on, no other mechanical issues from it. It's just annoying I can't see digital speedo.
 

·
Early Adopter
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
SoCalGuy said:
I have 6.15 and as soon as I got home after that update and plugged in, my uncle who wanted to see the car, opened the rear door. Boom. My first ever CEL. Still on, no other mechanical issues from it. It's just annoying I can't see digital speedo.
I experinced the same issue as SoCalGuy. everything worked fine till i updated to 6.15. My car is in the shop now to fix the CEL, but when I went to pick it up my proximity sensors acted up, so they now are waiting for the parts to replace those sensors -- should have the car back monday. Ted Britt been good and gave me the Demo Fisker to drive while I wait for mine.

I aslo asked them to look at the TSB #254120035.01 that I found http://fiskerbuzz.com/forums/Thread-Front-wheels-click
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
ixtractm said:
Does anyone know whether the CEL coming on if you open the door while charging was addressed in the recent updates? I had that problem while on 6.13. I was updated to 6.14 and 6.15 at the same time right after 6.15 came out. I haven't opened the door while charging in case that issue is still present. It would be nice to know if that issue was settled with 6.15.
Yes, there is a fix available.

It's not part of 6.15, it was released as a separate downloadable patch shortly after 6.15 dropped. When I took my car in for 6.15 I had them deploy both.

See this thread for more information about the patch and other CEL/MIL issues.

Brent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Herleyguy or any other Karma gurus: is there a way that we can definitely tell if our vehicles have the post-6.15 patch that fixes the CEL/door opening bug? I.e., a software version screen? If so, could you please tell us what we should look for? I just received mine with 6.15 but the dealer wasn't clear if the post-6.15 patch was installed.

Thanks very much!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,077 Posts
Ok I will try and chime in on this patch .After 615 came out Fisker released two other software updates one for the EBCM and one for the Traction motors and the Generator inverter it's separate software . The software helps correct false setting of certain codes I can't go into any more details about them . Will they help yes they will are more updates coming out yes too that also . When 620 comes out all of these patches I would assume will be added to the software package . I can tell you this I've opened and closed doors while the car has been charging on 110 and 220 many times and haven't set any check engine lights . Just remember there are also many other systems that can control the CEL . Like I've said before we are moving forward
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Harleyguy said:
Ok I will try and chime in on this patch .After 615 came out Fisker released two other software updates one for the EBCM and one for the Traction motors and the Generator inverter it's separate software . The software helps correct false setting of certain codes I can't go into any more details about them . Will they help yes they will are more updates coming out yes too that also . When 620 comes out all of these patches I would assume will be added to the software package . I can tell you this I've opened and closed doors while the car has been charging on 110 and 220 many times and haven't set any check engine lights . Just remember there are also many other systems that can control the CEL . Like I've said before we are moving forward
I just received the latest update 6.28 and as soon as I got home and put it on charge and opened the door the CEL went on . I am fed up with them not being able to fix this annoying problem
[hr]
ixtractm said:
Does anyone know whether the CEL coming on if you open the door while charging was addressed in the recent updates? I had that problem while on 6.13. I was updated to 6.14 and 6.15 at the same time right after 6.15 came out. I haven't opened the door while charging in case that issue is still present. It would be nice to know if that issue was settled with 6.15.
No, it has not. I had the 6.28 installed on Friday and it does nothing to address the open door while charging problem. This is a real hassle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Wow, that's a surprise, and disappointing if your situation is typical of what we can expect. I'm getting 6.28 as I type.

[/quote]

No, it has not. I had the 6.28 installed on Friday and it does nothing to address the open door while charging problem. This is a real hassle.
[/quote]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
556 Posts
It is interesting that this such a complex problem. In my case the CEL does not come on if I open the door while charging.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
888 Posts
Has anybody tried to get the CEL in the shop, right after they told you, that it has been fixed, now?

Stefan
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top