Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I'm having a real problem here!

I mentioned back in September that lightning had ran in on my car, and it no longer charges. It still runs on gas just fine, so getting it fixed is on a back burner for me. It's only a little annoying that I don't have the digital speedometer, all I have is a CEL.

Well, I just found out that, in NC, my car can't pass inspection with the CEL on! I spoke to the DMV officer about it, and he's not willing to make an exception. So unless I can get the CEL to turn off by Feb 29, I'll be forced to park it!

Taking it to Philly or Miami to have it fixed isn't an option for me; I don't have the time or money for it (taxes are due at the same time).

So what's a man to do? How do I get that CEL to turn off long enough to pass inspection??

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Guys, I'm having a real problem here!
So what's a man to do? How do I get that CEL to turn off long enough to pass inspection??
Depending on the CEL you can clear them yourself using a standard OBD-II reader. I ordered a small bluetooth one online and use the Torque app to look at, and sometimes clear, the codes that lead to the CEL. You local auto-parts store may have a reader you can rent or borrow as well.

It doesn't fix the underlying problem, of course, but it gets you past the bureaucratic hurdle.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
If the car isn't charging and you have a bad number 5 contactor bad the check engine light will come back on . You might be able to turn it off some codes are hard codes and unable to erase case in point SOH which is State of Health without flashing the BECM you can't turn off the CEL

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Contactor code can't be cleared by generic OBD tool. The fault resides in the BECM (battery). Your tool will clear the MIL command in the ECM until you restart the car then the battery recommands the MIL it comes right back on. Unfortunately there isn't a solution. Had you gotten it to Adam or I before Jan 31 we could've done the contactor using your csp funds at no cost to you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had you gotten it to Adam or I before Jan 31 we could've done the contactor using your csp funds at no cost to you.
Sheesh, man, I think I'd have been happier if you hadn't told me that! I've never heard of "csp funds", so that would have been nice to have known about.

Having no idea what "csp funds" means, I don't suppose there's a backup plan?

FWIW, I do have OBDLink and have used it a few times, but they're right that it won't reset this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.