Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any owners actually had their cars work, charge,run to spec w nominal or no issues or is the car actually "programmed" to have issues entirely via software issues?

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is actually a great question? Are we only hearing about the outlyers? Would be interesting to do a poll.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lowpue said:
This is actually a great question? Are we only hearing about the outlyers? Would be interesting to do a poll.
It's all helpful as we are all a community, but w two days to go before my arrival, I'm trying to adjust my expectations and would love to hear about any exceptions ;)

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Ross a klein said:
Have any owners actually had their cars work, charge,run to spec w nominal or no issues or is the car actually "programmed" to have issues entirely via software issues?
After 235miles I have never had a working, charging or running problem. I have had no speedo once, no climate control once, and lost radio presets a time or two. The CEL is the only constant.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The usual minor stuff that disappears after a restart. Always starts right up and runs like a champ!

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
I have failed to recharge fully once from 220v, the only way I have charged to date, and I have never been stranded anywhere. I have experienced almost every other glitch once, have some of the fit and finish issues, and a few nicks from delivery that parts are on order for.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
I've had a litany of annoying SW related glitches, most that only happened once or twice (lost presets, no audio, parking sensor wouldn't shut up, etc), a couple persistent issues like the constant CEL light and my audio volume likes to runaway sometimes when I use the steering wheel controls. All of these are annoying but don't distract meaningfully from my ability to enjoy the car. I also expect that all of these will eventually be resolved.

I also had a buzzing from the exhaust heat shield on the driver's side, which was fixed by my dealer.

I have not had any mechanical, performance or safety issues. I've put about 1800 miles on the car now, including an 1100 mile road trip, and the car has done just fine. I really can't wait for the SW gremlins to be fixed, and I fully expect that it will take several releases after 6.15 to get to all of it, but I'm very happy with the car overall.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have had a few minor issues. Lost speedometer, trunk didn't open with key Fob, blue screen on command center. All of which corrected themselves after car went to sleep/ soft re-boot. Generally has been a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
I had one serious problem with the Parking Pawl refusing to release when the car was started which turned out to be a bad connector. Otherwise, the car has been very reliable. I have never been stranded and since I had the specific update for delayed charging, no charging problems either with 110V or 220V charging.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I've got a bit over 300miles on it.
So far issues have been minor:
- TPM light comes on about 80% of the time I drive it
- Once backup camera stopped and went blue (soft reboot fixed it)
- Once Command Center got frozen (turning off car and waiting ~5mins and restarting fixed it)
- Once plugged in and left to charge and it didn't charge at all
- Once plugged in and engine fan continued to run
- Twice lost the radio presets

None of those issues though have stopped me being able to get from A to B or have caused my any real inconvenience.

Very happy overall.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had my first full commute yesterday and only exp the CEL which came on because I opened the door while charging a no no. Lost volume to radio once but SR cleared that BUT the driving experience was amazing, I just sat there thinking how unique the feeling was. No safety or mechanical issues here . Loved seeing 409 MPG all day!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ojp400

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
When I lose radio volume, I hit BT audio, listen to my phone"s iPod for a second and then go back to radio or satellite and it always works.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
As others have reported, I have had no drivability or charging problems. I have experienced most of the glitches that others have experienced. Some are constant like the CEL, tire pressure light, slow response time on the Command Center (CC), ability to dim or brighten dash lights is inop unless the headlights are on and various non-working functions on the CC. Others are intermittent like the turn indicators not working, audio off, back up camera, etc. I have not used many of the CC functions (bluetooth sound, easy entry exit, voice controls) figuring after reading that their use may have caused other problems and I can wait until 6.15for those things.

That being said, I wouldn't trade this car for anything out there. I love it to death. That's why I have put 900 miles on it in 2 weeks. [hr]
Oh and one other point...some of my problems early in my ownership were self-inflicted, I believe, because I tried to start it, charge it, or unplug it too quickly. We all have to learn that this car is a computer and acts more like a computer than it does like a car. I can't use my laptop or my iPhone a millisecond after turning it on and I should treat the Fisker the same way.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Charged in The OC said:
That being said, I wouldn't trade this car for anything out there. I love it to death. That's why I have put 900 miles on it in 2 weeks. [hr]
Oh and one other point...some of my problems early in my ownership were self-inflicted, I believe, because I tried to start it, charge it, or unplug it too quickly. We all have to learn that this car is a computer and acts more like a computer than it does like a car. I can't use my laptop or my iPhone a millisecond after turning it on and I should treat the Fisker the same way.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Since we've been using a three step process for the starting the car, we've had very few issues. (ACC, Agree, Start) The check engine light went off after using the process for 5 days and it hasn't came back on.

We've taken 2 different 250+ trips; one this weekend and one last weekend. We lost the presets on the first trip and nothing else. This weekend we lost the nav for 9 miles, but that's it. The car ran perfectly.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Just would like to say that I haven't had a single software issue for two weeks now (on about twenty drives and 700 miles).

The only unfortunate event happened today when a rock, thrown up by a car 30 meters in front of me, landed right on my hood next to the Fisker-sign, damaging the paint. :dodgy:

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Dutch said:
The only unfortunate event happened today when a rock, thrown up by a car 30 meters in front of me, landed right on my hood next to the Fisker-sign, damaging the paint. :dodgy:
Man, I don't know how I'll react the first paint scratch mark I see on my Karma... fingers crossed that that moment is months/years away!

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Dutch said:
Just would like to say that I haven't had a single software issue for two weeks now (on about twenty drives and 700 miles).

Almost the same thing happened to me last week, except the rock hit the windshield. So, now I need to call State Farm so they can send out their chip repair people.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts