Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem is, my original fisker charger broke so I bought a 220v duosida charger as I was told it would speed up the overall charging process so I thought great. First day I got it charged up fully I check the status at about two hours after I plugged it in and noticed it was fully charged. So I unplugged the charger because it was a little too warm. I then left for a few days on a trip and I came back to drive the car it drove fine from 50 to 47miles on the battery and I noticed it just drained entirely Contacted the person that sold me the charger and informed him of this. He said charge it for at least 6 hours so I did and the same problem occurred except now the battery repeatedly goes from 0-50-0 in a matter of seconds while driving and now I'm experiencing the "limp mode" where i step on the throttle and i get no acceleration for a few seconds and the it barely gets power. I had one more problem before this which is why im not sure what the cause is. My oil and temp lights came on simultaneuosly during at least a 105 degree day and i was running my AC max. A few minutes later i parked at my office and noticed all the coolant leaked out into the streets. was told this was the cooling fan. any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
One possibility is that your car isn't actually charging at all, either a result of a bad EVSE (the "charger" that you plug into the car) or the cars onboard Charger module. I recommend you rule out charging issues first : Go to another EVSE (a friend with an EV or a public charger is fine) and let your car charge for several hours. You can find public chargers using PlugShare: www.plugshare.com. If you experience the same issue
I do not think your EVSE has anything to do with it. If your battery still isn't full and holding it may be the onboard charger

Or, it could be something worse. Typically, if you fully charge your battery and you experience a sudden drop of range from charged to zero it's an issue with the HV battery, possibly a problem with a contactor and/or problem with one or more modules. The good news is that the problem is fixable, the bad news is that it is not cheap.

Are you getting any indicator lights on the dash? A battery error? A Check Engine/MIL light?

Also, you didn't mention where you are located. If it were me I would find a CSP and have my car looked at.

Come to think of it, it *was* me, my car was seeing a drop in range to zero and I knew I had a bad module. FiskerPhilly (Joe at Fisker of Cherry Hill) fixed my battery and got me all sorted out!

Good luck,

Brent

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
My problem is, my original fisker charger broke so I bought a 220v duosida charger as I was told it would speed up the overall charging process so I thought great. First day I got it charged up fully I check the status at about two hours after I plugged it in and noticed it was fully charged. So I unplugged the charger because it was a little too warm. I then left for a few days on a trip and I came back to drive the car it drove fine from 50 to 47miles on the battery and I noticed it just drained entirely Contacted the person that sold me the charger and informed him of this. He said charge it for at least 6 hours so I did and the same problem occurred except now the battery repeatedly goes from 0-50-0 in a matter of seconds while driving and now I'm experiencing the "limp mode" where i step on the throttle and i get no acceleration for a few seconds and the it barely gets power. I had one more problem before this which is why im not sure what the cause is. My oil and temp lights came on simultaneuosly during at least a 105 degree day and i was running my AC max. A few minutes later i parked at my office and noticed all the coolant leaked out into the streets. was told this was the cooling fan. any thoughts?
Sounds like you have a couple of different problems which may or may not be related. The leak sounds like the most urgent problem that should be addressed immediately.

It's possible that the leak may be causing the battery to overheat, which could explain the low-power issues. Make sure you address the leak and refill the coolant and see if that takes care of the issues.

If overheating is not the problem, you may have one or more weak cells in the battery that need to be replaced.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Stop driving the the engine cooling fan has stopped working and you all ready overheated the engine. The tell tale signs are the coolant leaking and the oil light that came on. If you check you will see the coolant bottle on the drivers side is empty by now.
The coolant bottle on the passenger side is for the inverters and the middle one cools the HV battery .
You need to address the cooling fan problem before anything else is looked at

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I've already diagnosed the cooling fan issue just waiting until I can have it towed I'm in los angeles so closest csp is sterling and elite motors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts