Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Karma in march, my dealer got the car in Juli-august and says they must change the battery first.
When was the recall for the batteries?
I am thinking shouldnt the factory have delivered with new batteries? Maybe my car is an old one?
If i get the vin can I check when it was manufactured?
When I ordered my car I was promised I should get one that was produced now since I hoped it would be less alignproblems

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know how to identify the date of manufacturer on a Fisker but I do know that the last 4 digits of your VIN is the number of the Fisker as it rolled off the line.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Mike said:
I don't know how to identify the date of manufacturer on a Fisker but I do know that the last 4 digits of your VIN is the number of the Fisker as it rolled off the line.
It's right there on the manufacturing label on the inside of the driver's side door, where mine reads "07/12" (July 2012). (I like to imagine it was finished just in time for my birthday, even if it did not get here until September. :D)

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Michael said:
I ordered my Karma in march, my dealer got the car in Juli-august and says they must change the battery first.
When was the recall for the batteries?
I am thinking shouldnt the factory have delivered with new batteries? Maybe my car is an old one?
The battery replacement program was initiated by Fisker and A123 in late March. There was an understandable lag in providing new batteries and lots of older batteries in the production pipeline at Valmet, in transit on the Atlantic, and in port. Fisker and A123 initially targeted the replacement batteries at those cars that had battery failures, as opposed to the great majority of the batteries with the manufacturing defect which just have longevity issues.

I had one of the "bad" batteries built in Michigan and it worked fine until about a month ago. My charge times continued to lengthen and then I started to get MIL faults most days after charging. Based on the symptoms, my dealer and HQ determined that I needed a replacement battery. It was installed two weeks ago and is working great, with charge times returning to 5 1/2 hours on days that I run the battery gauge to 0 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts