Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it turned on when I topped up my windshield washer fluid and it won't turn off. I recently took it to a dealer who changes my tires and he read the code for me.

It reads POAC4 Hybrid Powertrain Control Module Requested MIL illumination.

Is this bad? Nothing seems to be wrong when I'm driving it.

Thanks,

Hockeydad

·
Registered
859 Posts
it turned on when I topped up my windshield washer fluid and it won't turn off. I recently took it to a dealer who changes my tires and he read the code for me.

It reads POAC4 Hybrid Powertrain Control Module Requested MIL illumination.

Is this bad? Nothing seems to be wrong when I'm driving it.

Thanks,

Hockeydad
Check this out: http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/24666-new-cel-codes-just-appeared.html

You might get lucky and have the code disappear on it's own after several trips. This often happens especially if the DTC is not classified as Permanent.

Let us know.

·
Pats Garage Fisker
25 Posts
Is this the only code they got from it? Also is the car updated to the 520 software?

·
Registered
829 Posts
To maybe put some closure on this, mine was a communication fault between the car's computer and one of a set of new coolant pumps recently installed. The computer couldn't put the pump into high speed mode, and I had to get a new, new one. So, my car would not charge when it was very hot outside (>100 degrees F). I'm sure it would have been different symptoms if it had been one of the other 2 pumps, but in my case the car ran normally & could run on gas. I just had to wait until early morning cooler hours here in Phoenix to charge it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Re-opening the thread ... I'm getting CEL codes that my tech is saying are communications faults with a coolant pump and the car. The pumps seem to be working, and the car is working normally, but the code won't clear. I had all 3 pumps replaced a few weeks ago, and this code hit after a week. So, a new, new pump was put in ... and 2 weeks later one of the other ones started setting off the alarm. And, my tech is saying he has another Karma with the same issue.

Anybody else experiencing this? Do we have a widespread OEM quality problem. Could just be affecting those of us in extreme heat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts