Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

It has been depressing reading the news these past months. Not only is FA seemingly done (let's keep hoping for the rescue, even if it doesn't look good), but the press has been merciless. "How Fisker died", "lost $557,000 on each car", "lost $580M tax payer's money", "Obama personally lost all the Fisker money", you've seen it all... a lot of inaccurate reporting and we here in the forums shake our heads and note it, but on the blogs and web sites, nobody responds.
I have decided to react once in a while, especially if inaccurate stories appear. Yes, management made bad choices, but the car is beautiful and if they didn't run our of cash, I am convinced the no-range-anxiety Atlantic would have been today's sales success instead of the also-very-nice Tesla golf cart.
Help the image of our beautiful cars, let's add commentary out there to let people know the truth. I don't think we should say a bad word about Tesla or any other company, but a little constructive and positive Karma should spread to those web sites. Inevitably, you'll see reactions from know-it-all's who have never driven the Karma, and Tesla-zealots as well. Ignore them or gently come back, but let's try to support Fisker, the investors trying to make a deal (if they are) and this community. We sent FA a letter, and it may very well be too late, but at least a better tombstone cannot hurt. So start typing, share your excitement for the world's best car!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am 100% with you on this. I own a Panamera 4S, a BMW 5 Hybrid, and a Ferrari Scaglietti. As I said before on this forum none excite all the senses as does the Fisker.
My neighbor has a TESLA and I swear he is waiting for me to show up so he can say something against FA. Last week he approached me and then said "Sorry for your loss" It was funny but also sad. Partially true. Fisker has become the Joke of the town. I think it is time we did a I am a PC I am a Mac YouTube and have it go viral.
Any volunteers?

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
I am 100% with you on this. I own a Panamera 4S, a BMW 5 Hybrid, and a Ferrari Scaglietti. As I said before on this forum none excite all the senses as does the Fisker.
My neighbor has a TESLA and I swear he is waiting for me to show up so he can say something against FA. Last week he approached me and then said "Sorry for your loss" It was funny but also sad. Partially true. Fisker has become the Joke of the town. I think it is time we did a I am a PC I am a Mac YouTube and have it go viral.
Any volunteers?
As much as I love my Karma, I would suspect that a Ferrari Scaglietti would be pretty sense-stirring. As for your neighbor, I would respond with my old Jaguar -owner line that I would rather have my car on my lawn as a beautiful piece of sculpture than be seen driving around in your ugly POS. Said that on many occasions to folks making disparaging remarks about my various Jaguars' mechanical reliability. :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
I would love to go back in time and read all of the news reports from the year that Delorean went BK. I'm sure the press and automotive rags had a field day dancing on their grave. Fast forward to today and suddenly the DMC is the "it" car in some circles. I'm convinced the Karma will have it's place as a collectible in the future - just not sure if it'll take 5, 10, or 25 years for people to recognize it's awesomeness. Only time will tell.

The Karma is my favorite car in the garage. But if I truly want light all of my senses on fire...yeah, I pull out the Ferrari. Stealth mode is way-cool but a V8 shriek at 8,500 rpm is unbeatable.

·
Registered
479 Posts
As for your neighbor, I would respond with my old Jaguar -owner line that I would rather have my car on my lawn as a beautiful piece of sculpture than be seen driving around in your ugly POS. Said that on many occasions to folks making disparaging remarks about my various Jaguars' mechanical reliability. :D
As much as I might like to say that (or punch the neighbor in the throat)...I'd probably smile and chuckle. You see, I think anybody making snarky comments like "sorry for your loss" is just jealous. I wouldn't trade my Karma for 10 Teslas.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The best definition of their bad attitudes is
"Schadenfreude" For those of you who don't know the word look it up.

It separates the good friends from the bad friends.
Check my new post "Fisker just died"----think I am going to see some Schadenfreude coming my way

·
Early Adopter
1,256 Posts
It's a sunny day in virginia , and drove my karma to work this morning; Arrived in good spirit and had a great day -- now after a long day at the office I'm getting back in my karma for a sunny day drive home. As long as my Karma keeps running, I enjoyed another great day on earth. Don't read bad news, don't need to bad vibes - life is good!

·
Registered
102 Posts
It is a classic.
All it needs is TLC, a source of parts and a few good mechanics.
. The prices will return the minute people get comfortable it will not turn into an expensive paperweight.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sunday, we have premiere in cinema of Fast and Furious... PArking loft will show off 'American Muscle'.. KArma will be there!

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
As much as I might like to say that (or punch the neighbor in the throat)...I'd probably smile and chuckle. You see, I think anybody making snarky comments like "sorry for your loss" is just jealous. I wouldn't trade my Karma for 10 Teslas.
You are much more Zen about this than I am. I agree that driving an ugly car is its own punishment.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I would trade my Karma for 10 Teslas. I would then sell all 9 Teslas and buy 5 Karmas and use the rest of the money for maintenance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The competition between Tesla and Fisker owners never fails to confuse me. Not only are they both green, American companies (a reason to root for both of them), but they're not even in the same market - I doubt the majority of people even considering a car in the class of a Karma would go for the Model S, or vice versa. I suspect much of the hate comes from the current political climate than any justified rivalry between the two.

Regardless, you're just going to look silly trying to tell a Tesla owner that their car is an "ugly POS".

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I might buy a Tesla some day. Like I've said many times before, I admire them and think Tesla is an awesome company.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I admire them too.....I look forward to how the model X pans out........

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
The competition between Tesla and Fisker owners never fails to confuse me. Not only are they both green, American companies (a reason to root for both of them), but they're not even in the same market - I doubt the majority of people even considering a car in the class of a Karma would go for the Model S, or vice versa. I suspect much of the hate comes from the current political climate than any justified rivalry between the two.
AGREED! The owners of their cars and investors (excluding founders who really do have a feud) should be pulling for both companies.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm sure Tesla is a nice car too, albeit a bit Mazda like to look at, but don't forget my point. We need you out there on the news blog's defending our car, tell the people who have never driven one, share all the excitement and why this is the best car ever. If nothing else, let's pay homage to Henrik and the hundreds of dedicated staff members who brought this fabulous machine to life. I cannot imagine what it Is like to have given years of your life, late night's overtime, created such a gorgeous car, only to find it blasted in the press for the wrong reasons. Some of these journalists are taking cheap shots or missing the point completely. Let's set them straight. Fisker the company may not survive, but the Karma deserves better. So start up your keyboards, Google the worst articles and tell the public what doubting !!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm sure Tesla is a nice car too, albeit a bit Mazda like to look at, but don't forget my point. We need you out there on the news blog's defending our car, tell the people who have never driven one, share all the excitement and why this is the best car ever. If nothing else, let's pay homage to Henrik and the hundreds of dedicated staff members who brought this fabulous machine to life. I cannot imagine what it Is like to have given years of your life, late night's overtime, created such a gorgeous car, only to find it blasted in the press for the wrong reasons. Some of these journalists are taking cheap shots or missing the point completely. Let's set them straight. Fisker the company may not survive, but the Karma deserves better. So start up your keyboards, Google the worst articles and tell the public what doubting !!
I responded to that CNBC article that was written the other day. Most responses to these articles are negative and totally ignorant. If you read them, you would be positive that Obama was personally on the board of Fisker, doling out the money to his crooked friends. Dumbing down of America.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mikey I think you are 100% on point. This whole thing does not make sense. You all have said it before about how people come up to us and ask about this car all this time. The media started a hate crime and they just kept it up.. Who's knows maybe Obama did.

·
Registered
854 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
No offense to all on this site but I personally think Obama is a Marxist and would give away Karmas to those "in need" if he could. I am offended of a beautiful Karma with an Obama plate even if in an illustration. Excuse me while I puke!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts