Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Some of the technology that is available on the ELR like LED headlamps, Lane Departure, Collision Alert, Blind Zone Alert, Rear Traffic Alert, Adaptive Cruise Control and others are not available on other Electric Vehicles. The ELR is a luxury coupe that so happens to be an Electric Vehicle. If you want a fuel efficient luxury vehicle that has all the bells and whistles the ELR is the only vehicle that fits this criteria. The target of this vehicle is not the hardcore EV buyer but rather the broader luxury market, it also happens to be very efficient. I would imagine the buyers cross shopping would be looking at the high end CTS, E-Class coupe, 6 series and others that have similar type of luxury features.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Some of the technology that is available on the ELR like LED headlamps, Lane Departure, Collision Alert, Blind Zone Alert, Rear Traffic Alert, Adaptive Cruise Control and others are not available on other Electric Vehicles. The ELR is a luxury coupe that so happens to be an Electric Vehicle. If you want a fuel efficient luxury vehicle that has all the bells and whistles the ELR is the only vehicle that fits this criteria. The target of this vehicle is not the hardcore EV buyer but rather the broader luxury market, it also happens to be very efficient. I would imagine the buyers cross shopping would be looking at the high end CTS, E-Class coupe, 6 series and others that have similar type of luxury features.
well, beside the LED Headlamps, all the other technologies are available in the Ford Fusion Energi in the top trims (around 50K total)
the ford's total range is the no.1 range in the hybrid market these days with 620miles total

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
35 miles? So many companies are missing the mark here...
In the case of the Volt, the real-world EV mileage tends to be higher -- closer to 40 Miles. Unlike a certain car we all know and love that promises 50 and delivers 40. If they used the same algorithm for the ELR, the results should be similar.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
In the case of the Volt, the real-world EV mileage tends to be higher -- closer to 40 Miles. Unlike a certain car we all know and love that promises 50 and delivers 40. If they used the same algorithm for the ELR, the results should be similar.
In fairness, the Karma's EPA numbers are 33 miles and we consistently get 38-42 depending on driving conditions/style.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
In fairness, the Karma's EPA numbers are 33 miles and we consistently get 38-42 depending on driving conditions/style.
You are correct, but I was talking about Fisker's claimed range of 50 E- miles, not the EPA estimate. The TUV EV-cycle range for the Karma is actually more than 50 miles, but I don't think anyone has actually achieved that in the real world.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
In the case of the Volt, the real-world EV mileage tends to be higher -- closer to 40 Miles. Unlike a certain car we all know and love that promises 50 and delivers 40. .
I didn't know that! I thought all the EV battery range promises were best case scenarios that the manufacturer was able to model on a computer. Kudos to Chevy for being honest! So Volt drivers are getting about the same range that we are in the Karma?

·
Registered
536 Posts
So the price is $76K - WOW~!

A few months ago it was a serious contender for me, along with the i3, but for that price you could buy a karma today and have enough cash left over for a second battery for crying out loud!

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
So the price is $76K - WOW~!

A few months ago it was a serious contender for me, along with the i3, but for that price you could buy a karma today and have enough cash left over for a second battery for crying out loud!
Get your next Karma quick. When the uncertainty settles, I predict the price of Karmas will go up. I haven't driven or even seen the Elr, but cannot imagine that it could compare favorably with the Karma.

Actually, except for the uncertainty about being able to keep it on the road, my Karma was a bargain in terms of driving experience, even at full retail.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Cadillac ELR is about to hit the street, so I went on and try to find some review videos, not many is out yet, but this is a old one done by Car and Driver:

Through out the video, the one thing keep bring up by the Cadillac team was... designed the car as close to concept (Converj) as possible, also made it as cool, sexy, luxury as possible. It reminded me of Fisker.

The biggest problem is, 0 to 60 is 7 seconds! WTF!?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is this a joke?

What is the zero sixty? and the top speed is 100?!
0-60 is reportedly a mind-blowing 7.8 sec in combined mode, and over 10 sec electric alone.... You would think GM could have figured out that part of Tesla's success is due to blistering performance.

This is another disappointment for a luxury EV. I would pay the 75k for the ELR if performance was at least near to average for the class (0-60 more in the high 5s or low 6s). A company that can build muscle cars should know better.

It looks like my 650 will be replaced by another German sibling (Panamera eHybrid or BMW i8). Too bad Fisker seems to be stuck in limbo with the Karma, this is by far the sexiest car around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts