Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just couldn't stand the anxiety of not knowing whether I could get my Karma serviced anymore. Every day I would call Fisker of Orange County just to make sure they were still open...a friend of mine checked and was told residual values for Karma's were in a free fall...went to the dealer and saw a brand new Karma EcoSort Silver with Monsoon Tritone (my exact car) for $80K. It broke my heart. I LOVED my Karma but couldn't stand seeing my investment disapper into a cloud of smoke...10,000 miles and a nearly 50% depreciation....yeesh!

Traded it in for Panamera hybrid....got $57K in trade....I still miss coming home and plugging it in. It was a fabulous car, beautiful and functional and a joy to drive, but the company seems snake-bitten. Ironically, after the new battery and the software upgrades the car has been ultrareliable over the last 6 months or so.

I wish all you other owners the best. I feel like I am betraying you, but I couldn't hold out any longer. Hopefully Fisker will find a new investor and everything will be fine again....

Buck

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Banished to the ugly hinterlands

Traded it in for Panamera hybrid....
I don't normally do this, but you are hereby banished for trading your gorgeous Karma (which according to you has been working perfectly well) and good money to put such a hideous looking, fake hybrid on the road. BANISHED!

I wish all you other owners the best. I feel like I am betraying you, but I couldn't hold out any longer. Hopefully Fisker will find a new investor and everything will be fine again....

Buck
I am totally kidding, of course. We have to make our own decisions. I have to weigh the uncertainty against the fact that there is no other car I would rather own, so I am going to keep the Karma as long as possible.

Best wishes and good luck to you, and you are always welcome back here, particularly when you need comforting after you finally discover what a bad decision you have made. :D

·
Registered
996 Posts
I am still looking for all these great deals on Karma's. Wish you would have posted it in the "For Sale" section. A lot of people are looking to buy these cars without the dealer markup.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am still looking for all these great deals on Karma's. Wish you would have posted it in the "For Sale" section. A lot of people are looking to buy these cars without the dealer markup.
So far in Europe on the biggest German car site mobile.de there are for past few weeks/months 28-29 Karmas for sale, however no great deals can be had. It seems that inventory is not moving at all. It looks to me that dealers or owners have not adjusted their expectations what buyers (if any) are willing to pay. Eventually they will have to try offloading cars at lower prices. European importer Emil Frey claims they will stand behind the car with warranty repairs but I am not sure what they will do with lack of spare parts. But perhaps they have secret stash somewhere...

·
Registered
546 Posts
@DNAGuy: Your post is exactly why I refuse to get rid of my Karma. Not only do I love the car (I've had no problems with mine), I know I would miss it if I traded it--especially if I had to trade for an ICE.

And I think you should let go of any feelings that you've betrayed the Fisker/Karma community. You were enough of a believer to plunk down $100K in order to be able to drive the car. That's more than 99.9% of the car buying population can say.

Enjoy your Panamera Hybrid! We'll cross our fingers that Fisker will be resurrected and we'll be able to welcome you back into the fold at a future date!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Indeed, dealers are just waiting - many have dropped new Karma prices to $69,900 - 80,000 - but most have simply gone to invoice only. eBay has several dealers with unmet reserves and no bidders coming close - so the price discrepancy between buyers aware of FA's troubles and dealers wanting to get rid of the cars is growing. Brings on the worst-case-question: A brand new car with no warranty and no spare parts orderable will be worth... 30%, 40%, 50%, 60 %..?

·
320 Posts
I just couldn't stand the anxiety of not knowing whether I could get my Karma serviced anymore. Every day I would call Fisker of Orange County just to make sure they were still open...a friend of mine checked and was told residual values for Karma's were in a free fall...went to the dealer and saw a brand new Karma EcoSort Silver with Monsoon Tritone (my exact car) for $80K. It broke my heart. I LOVED my Karma but couldn't stand seeing my investment disapper into a cloud of smoke...10,000 miles and a nearly 50% depreciation....yeesh!

Traded it in for Panamera hybrid....got $57K in trade....I still miss coming home and plugging it in. It was a fabulous car, beautiful and functional and a joy to drive, but the company seems snake-bitten. Ironically, after the new battery and the software upgrades the car has been ultrareliable over the last 6 months or so.

Buck
Guess you'll also be visiting gas stations too.

Your friend misled you. There is no free fall. Your car has been at that price or lower for the last 6 months. There has been recently a 5% drop, but prices will soon bottom out, before actually appreciating once all the new ones are sold, and all the non-believers are weeded out. Someday you may regret not holding on to a collectible.

I tried to consider a replacement vehicle, in case my Karma became disabled. I could not bring myself to own the bubble butt Panamera (as much as I love Porsche- I have owned 3) especially after owning a Karma. It would be like trading Pamela Anderson for Luenell Campbell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luenell_Campbell

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I think those that want out are getting out now... deals will be had with Karmas in the next few weeks and those of us (myself included), wouldn't mind adding a Karma or two to our existing stable at the right (hysterically fear-driven) price.

PS - Any Deep Ocean, Shadow or Earth guys in need of a bid? PM me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Im thinking about buy and other one just for spare parts....

·
Registered
435 Posts
if i could get one for 10% i would buy one just for spare parts:)

i will keep mine forever, still a joy to drive and so special

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
$10K for a Karma that is operable is insane. I do think we could see $30-40K though, especially if FA files BK.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Interesting - on cars.com, there is today 175 Karmas listed, pretty stable inventory for several weeks. 101 are used, but out of those 22 have < 1000 miles, so really they are new. Looks like dealers are listing these new Karmas as "used" to hide the fact they are new at very low prices?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Can't imagine there being any active market with Fisker in limbo. There is absolutely no way to determine future market, until Fisker announces an impending deal (improbable) or bankruptcy (probable)
At that point company will be in hands of trustee, who will probably claw back the $21mm paid to the DOE as a preferential payment.
Also think the Board of Directors should consider their actions---money is leaking on a daily basis, and this board may have fiduciary responsibility to creditors.
Also, parts inventory may be freed up to fulfill warranty obligations of the Fisker Estate. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a class action suit.
Lastly--love my Fisker and will run it until the day it dies, at which time I will encase it in amber, set it on a rotating pedestal, and notify my children not to break glass for 50 years.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
A Karma for 10k? maybe the command center is that price. I don't think these cars will ever get to that point. But who knows
Not sure about the command center, but the battery alone is definitely worth more than $10K.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts