Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my Fisker Karma serviced by FiskerPhilly at Evolution Auto Sports. It was recommended to change the brake fluid since the car was 6 years old. I hadn't even thought of it. Just mentioning on the forum as an item that might be forgotten as maintenance.

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
I had my Fisker Karma serviced by FiskerPhilly at Evolution Auto Sports. It was recommended to change the brake fluid since the car was 6 years old. I hadn't even thought of it. Just mentioning on the forum as an item that might be forgotten as maintenance.
We perform brake fluid services every two years . Most car dealership and owners forget about this service just like any other fluid it needs to be replaced .

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
402 Posts
I just had my Karma serviced at Naples Motorsport (FL) and they suggested that it was time to replace my brake fluid because it had a high moisture content. Interestingly they replaced the brake fluid a year ago (apparently) so I was surprised that they suggested doing it again (also interestingly, my records showed that they had replaced it the previous year as well, which I was wary this time!).

But what if they are right? Is it possible that brake fluid could get moisture in it requiring a change after a year? I am in Florida, with all the humidity, but it seems a bit much.

Thoughts?

Simon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts