Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its not just Fisker...

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- BMW is recalling 367,000 5-series and 6-series cars in the United States because a battery cable cover in the trunk may have been incorrectly installed. The problem could lead to chafing of the battery cable which could, in turn, lead to electrical problems, trouble starting and, in some cases, fire, the automaker said.

In all, BMW (BAMXF) is recalling 1.3 million cars worldwide for this problem.

The cars involved were manufactured between 2003 and 2010. Owners of affected vehicles will be notified by mail and will be asked to bring their vehicle to a BMW dealer for a 30 minute repair at no charge, the automaker said.

No accidents or injuries have been reported as a result of the problem according to BMW.

BMW has also recently announced a rash of recalls of the German automaker's BMW, Mini, and Rolls-Royce divisions over water pump problems.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Or how about this one! And there is actually a fire-risk involved. Why don't we see this on Fox News and all the other outlets? Or is it only news when it happens to cars that will make us independent from oil?

Porsche 911 Carrera S recall is announced for a fuel-line problem

Porsche will recall selected 2012 911 Carrera S models to repair a problem with a fuel line. The company says interference between a coolant line and the fuel line might cause the fuel line to disconnect at a quick connector.

If the fuel line becomes disconnected, a leak might occur, leading to misfiring or stalling. More importantly, a fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source could cause a fire.

More than 1,200 vehicles are being recalled to replace the fuel line, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in April. Owners can contact Porsche at (800) 767-7243 to find out whether their cars are affected. Owners can also visit www.safercar.gov for more information.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120326/CARNEWS/120329875

·
Registered
216 Posts
Dutch said:
Why don't we see this on Fox News and all the other outlets? Or is it only news when it happens to cars that will make us independent from oil?
I think it has something to do with taxpayer-funded loans. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Porsche issues a large recall today as well....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Probably just in sympathy or perhaps it is a new type of virus the Command Center in my BMW froze up. No NAV, no radio, no bluetooth, etc. That hasn't happened to me in quite a while and the dealer has never been able to do much more than tell me "they all do that once in a while." Of course Henrik worked for BMW too LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts