Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using iphone and music works perfect but talking in the phone sucks.
Maybe there will be no more update to get this work.

Is there a way to get handsfree working with some after installation?

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
Very common problem what I find the best using a I Phone you need to lower the volume on you phone .It won't be perfect and your going to have to play around and find the sweet spot were you can hear people talking and they can hear you with minimal echo . That's all you can try this was and still is one of the major faults of the CIU the problem was a lot worse when the car came out but still far from good

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
There has been a lot of discussion about this topic, for example on this thread. Just do a search on "Bluetooth". @Harleyguy's summary is correct. Setting the volume on the phone itself as low as possible will give you the best results, but it's not going to be perfect.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was more thinking of installing another blutooth solution, i know in another car that didnt have hands free they installed another solution

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
If your thinking about an after market unit that's fine as long as they don't try and tap into the CIU one mistake can take out the whole CIU if it does take out the CIU your looking at a $2000.00 replacement

·
Registered
996 Posts
@harleyguy

Do you have the pinouts for the CIU? Interested in installing an aftermarket head unit but just want to tap into the amp/speakers.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
@harleyguy

Do you have the pinouts for the CIU? Interested in installing an aftermarket head unit but just want to tap into the amp/speakers.
Wouldn't it be safer to use the aux audio input already built in? You have to manually switch audio sources during a call, but at least you don't have to do any surgery on the CIU.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Wouldn't it be safer to use the aux audio input already built in? You have to manually switch audio sources during a call, but at least you don't have to do any surgery on the CIU.

I have an extra CIU so I guess I can take the gamble at this point but the aux input solution may work. My plan is to install this between the two center vents:

There is a hideaway box that must be installed and I plan on installing it by the solar inverter in the passenger foot well; I thought it may be easier to create a harness that plugs into the factory harness and leave all the wiring where its supposed to be instead of a long run from the center console to the foot well.

·
Registered
272 Posts
if you have the pin out for the CIU you can find the pins that switches on the backup camera put a switch in and then you can have a front camera... no??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.