Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had anyone else experienced a significant loss in Bluetooth capabilities since 510 was installed? Before then I had no issues, now everyone I speak with using Bluetooth is complaining about a bad echo. It's to the point where I can't use my phone in my car - it's too frustrating for those on the other end.

Are others having this problem or is it just me?

I have an iPhone 5 if that makes a difference....

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Had anyone else experienced a significant loss in Bluetooth capabilities since 510 was installed? Before then I had no issues, now everyone I speak with using Bluetooth is complaining about a bad echo. It's to the point where I can't use my phone in my car - it's too frustrating for those on the other end.

Are others having this problem or is it just me?

I have an iPhone 5 if that makes a difference....
In my experience, the echo is caused by having a high volume selected on the phone. Try reducing the volume on the phone to slightly above the lowest setting. You can use the car's volume control to crank up the sound level to a useable level without much feedback.

·
Registered
483 Posts
In my experience, the echo is caused by having a high volume selected on the phone. Try reducing the volume on the phone to slightly above the lowest setting. You can use the car's volume control to crank up the sound level to a useable level without much feedback.
Agreed. it also can cause the static/crackling noise as well

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too have had problems with the bluetooth since I got my car in early October. Had an iPhone4 at first and was very disappointed with the sound quality. It seemed to get better with time, but I changed to a 5 last week and it's gone back to being useless.

Have not tried the volume change on the phone, but will try on the drive home.

Ernie...

·
Registered
546 Posts
It is my understanding (and my personal experience) that 510 does not play well with iPhone 5.

Oddly, using bluetooth to play files through the audio system seems better on 510 than on 615. But phone calls are pretty much just as bad on 510 as on 615.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wasn't using the phone in the Karma for a while because the quality is so bad. If you are using standard or high volume then you have a painful clicking noise. When you reduce the volume, then you don't understand the other person. Using the same phone in a Golf, the quality is just perfect. Is anybody seriously using the phone over the load speaker in the Karma?

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I wasn't using the phone in the Karma for a while because the quality is so bad. If you are using standard or high volume then you have a painful clicking noise. When you reduce the volume, then you don't understand the other person. Using the same phone in a Golf, the quality is just perfect. Is anybody seriously using the phone over the load speaker in the Karma?
I do all the time for conversations and conference calls and it works fine. I am using an Iphone 4S running IOS 6.1. I have found that if I have the volume on the phone turned up very high, the person I am speaking to hears a lot of echo. When I turn the volume down to one bar and use the volume control on the audio stack, the call quality is very good.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I just switched from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone5 a few weeks ago, I've never had an issue with either........my volume is always set to fairly low on the iphone

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
On the iPhones you hit the volume down button on the side while you are on a call. Do this in your house so you can play with what volume works best for you.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Software 510 increased the Bluetooth volume lower the volume on your phone and this should help .You need to find that sweet spot between your phone and the car from what I've seen the I Phone is a little more picky on how high the blue tooth volume is set at the other phones .

·
Registered
12 Posts
i rock an android and when in a call i turn the volume down, which is called bluetooth volume when doing this, and it makes no difference. it still sounds like the volume on the phone is too high and causing it to crackle. when on other bluetooth devices there is no problem this is a bluetooth software function on the radio. very annoying but just tell the other caller not to talk so loud on there end and it dosent crackle as much. also dose your bluetooth just dropp your media connection when you are listening to music. it just goes to radio. who makes these radios. if my 300 dollar alpine outperformed the music system in this 100k car what do we have to look forward to.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Sorry, bashing the CUI and its Bluetooth capabilities on and on for month does not add any valuable things tho this discussion.
Several channels were talking about a major improvement to the CUI, supposed to pop up in March.
Maybe we could get this confirmed, so we could take a rest for the next 8 to 37 days...

Stefan
German Karma Forum
www.karma-forum.de

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree with Ronnie. I didn't find the sweet spot using my IPhone 5 and the painful noise is still there when the other person is too loud.
I hope Fisker can solve this issue soon.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I have been contemplating getting this rear view mirror replacement:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/01/t...m-but-costly-service.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Since the Karma uses an off the shelf GM rear view mirror this should be an easy replacement. I like the fact that it has bluetooth, voice only navigation, crash response, roadside assistance, as well as the ability to buy minutes and make phone calls (great for emergencies or when you don't have cell reception).The monthly service fee is expensive but may be worth it (since it includes roadside assistance). I had on-star in one of my other vehicles almost a decade ago and I thought it was actually a pretty decent value. You lose the homelink but I never program mine anyway and keep a remote in the car. Haven't bought it as yet but thought it looked pretty good (especially since it looking more and more likely that there may not be anymore updates to the command center (navigation, bluetooth etc).

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have been contemplating getting this rear view mirror replacement:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/01/t...m-but-costly-service.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Since the Karma uses an off the shelf GM rear view mirror this should be an easy replacement. I like the fact that it has bluetooth, voice only navigation, crash response, roadside assistance, as well as the ability to buy minutes and make phone calls (great for emergencies or when you don't have cell reception).The monthly service fee is expensive but may be worth it (since it includes roadside assistance). I had on-star in one of my other vehicles almost a decade ago and I thought it was actually a pretty decent value. You lose the homelink but I never program mine anyway and keep a remote in the car. Haven't bought it as yet but thought it looked pretty good (especially since it looking more and more likely that there may not be anymore updates to the command center (navigation, bluetooth etc).
OnStar website does not list the Fisker as a compatible vehicle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey guys, I got a new problem and am wondering whether anyone else has the same experience. When I play music from my Andriod phone through the bluetooth it keeps switching to the radio. When I switch it back, after a few minutes it goes back to the FM radio. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is a known issue and it seems to be specific to Android, and maybe even specific phone platforms. It started happening to me once I got an S3. Never had an issue with my Palm Pre. Sadly I dont know of a fix.

Brent

1 - 20 of 40 Posts