Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that the silver on our wheels is actually powdercoating, but has anyone found an excellent paint match for this color? My "friend" might have accidentally nicked a curb ;)

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I had mine refinished by my dealer (for a charge at the same time he did other Karma owners....your friend is not alone), and they look like brand new. I can't tell you about the paint, but he might. BJ with Fisker of Bellevue.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks EVer1... may I ask how long it took your dealer and how much the fee was?

Thank you for the helpful information.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
drliu said:
Thanks EVer1... may I ask how long it took your dealer and how much the fee was?

Fisker Silicon Valley said they would "Fix" a scoffed wheel for $175. I also scoffed one of my wheels on a curb. Haven't "Fixed" it yet as it is not very noticable.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
marswill said:
drliu said:

Fisker Silicon Valley said they would "Fix" a scoffed wheel for $175. I also scoffed one of my wheels on a curb. Haven't "Fixed" it yet as it is not very noticable.
I had a guy fix the wheels on my previous car (JAG XK) before returning the car at the end of the lease. He came to my office and did a fantastic job for about $150/wheel. I may end up calling him for the Karma after I have mastered parking the car without hitting curbs in SF. It would be immensely helpful if Fisker would program in a mirror dip when the car is in Reverse to help parallel park the car without hitting the curb.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
drliu said:
It took one day, probably less but I left it with him for the day and several Fisker's were taken care of. The price was $160 per, and they looked brand new.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was so glad to read this post and find I'm not the only one who can't judge how far the right side wheels of this vehicle extends. I thought I had just lost my parking skills. I won't get it fixed until the right mirror adjusts down in reverse.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I have yet to try to parallel park my Karma - too dangerous =)

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Don't quote me on this but I'm not 100% sure the wheels are powder coated I have to look into that unless someone on the forum knows for sure they are actually powder coated

·
Fisker Driver
79 Posts
I've also had one fixed at Fisker of Bellevue. I must admit the first time I looked at the Karma, the rims drew attention to me as I suspected this would be an issue. They gave great service and great match with colors. quote was similar to what i've seen here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts