Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been driving my fisker for over a year now and I've always been curious what's the way to drive to get the best mileage out of it. When I first bought it I drove it from fully charged to 0 and then in Stealth on gas only. Then I drove in sport mode only from fully charge and it would usually stop using HV with about 25-27 miles left on it and only use gas. Now I drive it in stealth until about 20miles left and then switch to sport mode. I still can't determine which is the most efficient method. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi,
The most efficient is to drive in stealth down until ICE kicks in.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Then build back up with ER mode and drain back down in stealth and repeat :)
This is what I did for 1,700 miles last week. I didn't have an opportunity to charge for the entire trip. Averaged 23.6 MPG over the whole trip with no charging. Captured ER whenever going downhill, which was quite often as a lot of the trip was in the mountains. Was able to recover enough through ER that a lot of my in town driving and driving around Crater Lake, OR was on battery.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Then build back up with ER mode and drain back down in stealth and repeat :)
This is what I did for 1,700 miles last week. I didn't have an opportunity to charge for the entire trip. Averaged 23.6 MPG over the whole trip with no charging. Captured ER whenever going downhill, which was quite often as a lot of the trip was in the mountains. Was able to recover enough through ER that a lot of my in town driving and driving around Crater Lake, OR was on battery.
I think @PowerSource is referring to the ER (Charge on the Move) mode available with the TOM module. I can tell from personal experience that TOM's ER mode gets the HV battery charged up very fast, especially when you are sitting in heavy traffic. You get between 8KW - 15KW of charging power, or 3x to 5x Karma's L2 charging which is capped at 3.3KW.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My experience on long trips with PowerSource's TOM unit in ER mode has gotten me around 32-33 mpg for 600-1,000 mile trips vs. 25-27 in stock Fisker mode.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
My experience on long trips with PowerSource's TOM unit in ER mode has gotten me around 32-33 mpg for 600-1,000 mile trips vs. 25-27 in stock Fisker mode.
My experience has been similar driving in and around San Francisco and the Bay Area. I typically get 20% higher MPG than shown in the energy flow screen.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I think I'm going to take a serious look into getting the TOM upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts