Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I plugged the car in last night on a 110 charger, and notice this mornging that the car battery did not charge at all. Is it may charger, its the one that came with the car, the charger light would go from one side to the other when I plugged in the car but I notice last night that the light stayed all green on the bottom of the charger. I also noticed that the car made a clicking sound on the back and then on the front where the motor is and thats when I think the car stop chargering and the light on the charger stayed green. Can someone please help.

Thanks
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
You should go to a public charging station and see if your car still takes the charge. If that's the case, then you can rule out your OBCM (on-board charging module) and it will likely be your 110 charging unit that came with the car. If your car doesn't take a charge with a public station, its likely your OBCM (or in my case, the relays).

·
Registered
282 Posts
You should go to a public charging station and see if your car still takes the charge. If that's the case, then you can rule out your OBCM (on-board charging module) and it will likely be your 110 charging unit that came with the car. If your car doesn't take a charge with a public station, its likely your OBCM (or in my case, the relays).
The clicking sound is similar to my situation which also required a relay replacement. The tech guys here, Harleyguy and Lormax, can take this farther if you can get them fault codes. Once I had the relay replaced by Lormax I have been fine.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
There are a lot of posts on this issue, particularly with regard to the 110V Lear-made charger that comes with the Karma. Here is one. Your initial post is missing some basic information, such as:

1. Is this the first time you tried to charge the Karma?
  2. Did you plug the charger into the wall first and let it initialize before plugging into the Karma?
  3. Did you try other plugs around your house?
  4. Do you have access to public charging stations?
  5. Etc.

So basically, it's either the car, the charger, or the connection. The easiest way to figure it out is to try charging the car with different plugs and different chargers until it becomes clear where the problem lies.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
The clicking sound is similar to my situation which also required a relay replacement. The tech guys here, Harleyguy and Lormax, can take this farther if you can get them fault codes. Once I had the relay replaced by Lormax I have been fine.
In normal charging, when you plug in the charger to your Karma you should hear two clicks. If you don't, its likely the relays not working properly (my case it was a bad diode that had to be replaced).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys,

I did take it to charging stations and the car did not charge at all. How much does it cost to replace the relay or the OBCM????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts