Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I best start a new thread with some updated information as far as High Voltage Battery repair .Over the past two weeks I've been in contact with Fisker and A123 LLC .
1-The High Voltage battery will be able to be repaired
2- A third party is going to carry parts in order to repair the battery
3- Modules will be available but there will be a few week lead time in making the modules when A123 get a couple of orders that's when they will produce the module .
4- Customers wont be able to purchase this parts from what I understand due to how dangerous it is to work on the battery
5- As of right now if the battery has a issue with charging and it's EDM problem it can be repaired now I've done a few and sourced the parts locally
6- No price has been set on the modules the third party is still in the process of getting up and running .
7- As far as who is going to replace the bad modules and who's taking responsibility of the cost I can almost say it's going to be the customer who's going to foot the bill unless the dealership you bought the car from agree's to pay for the part and the customer pays the labor .
8- All this information is basically correct when the time comes I will update this post .
9- Ask what ever questions you might have and I will try and answer them as far as battery repair and or replacement
10- Also A123 does have a very small stock of new batteries available for sale
11- I still need to get in touch with the third party and find out if they are going to sell the Modules to the dealerships so we can replace the modules or the only why that they will be replaced is using the third party to replace them .
12- I know as of this time HSS has been successful in replacing modules but you would have to contact them to get further information .

·
Registered
536 Posts
Huge news - thanks HG!

When I pulled the trigger a few months ago, my biggest worry was with the battery (I have since come to respect that there's plenty more to worry about, but that's for another thread).

Thanks for creating this new thread, and I look forward to updates.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good to know. Thanks for the information. So far no battery problems for me, but it has been one of my biggest concerns. Let's hope whoever gets the company from auction in October will restore the warranties.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad I could help I wanted to try and clear up some of the rumors and the direction we are going as far as battery repair

·
Registered
73 Posts
With our proprietary process we repair and restore complete Fisker Karma batteries and individual modules. We also sell new #5 contactors. PM me if you need some help.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a couple of brand new batteries in crates. Do you know anyone who would be interested.
As in Fisker crates ? And if they haven’t been installed into a car you more than likely are sitting on a pile of bricks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts