Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a short circuit in the power supply to my home charger (while charging). This is now fixed and the charger is working but the car is not charging so I suspect there's some kind of car fuse that trips if there's a power surge or issue. Does anyone know if this is the case and how I could reset it?

Many thanks
Mike (2012 Karma owner for 6 yrs)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think this forum can help.... but we need more details, as it could be any number of issues. Bad contactor, failed HV module, MDS under back seat, OBCM, fuse, etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a short circuit in the power supply to my home charger (while charging). This is now fixed and the charger is working but the car is not charging so I suspect there's some kind of car fuse that trips if there's a power surge or issue. Does anyone know if this is the case and how I could reset it?

Many thanks
Mike (2012 Karma owner for 6 yrs)
I had a similar issue a few months back. My car was working perfectly the day before...then came out the next morning after having the wall charger on all night...and my nearly drained battery only had 38 miles on the counter. I unplugged the charger from the car...the plugged it back in...made all of the usual noises...then about 35-40 seconds later, it stopped charging. I did a hard reset...nothing. Did some digging around on Fiskerbuzz and found out my #5 connector was bad. I I had it repaired and replaced both the #5 and #7 connectors. I am assuming that I had a surge in the power supply at my home...but...these connectors are known to just fail out of no where. So...who knows....

·
Registered
96 Posts
What is the #7 contactor?
Contractors #5 and 7# are the two big contactors inside the HV battery back.
Contactor #5 is most prone to failure, the contactors are relatively inexpensive so it makes good sense to change both at the same time. Especially sins the expensive part is to remove and re install the heavy HV battery in order to fix the problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There seems to be some confusion on the contact numbers. Here is what I saw from manual.
image.jpg
the two large contactors are actually numbers one and two. Number five is one of the smaller contactors.

·
Registered
96 Posts
There seems to be some confusion on the contact numbers. Here is what I saw from manual. View attachment 14466 the two large contactors are actually numbers one and two. Number five is one of the smaller contactors.

I stand corrected…
I was misinformed, perfect that you sorted that one out. (y)

(I have an extra battery pack and I think it would be wise to change the #5 connector, just in case).

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don’t believe there is a maintenance manual. There is an owners manual which comes in the glove box and then there are service manuals. The service manuals are extensive R&I documents and must be downloaded. Unfortunately the service manuals do not include any testing or diagnostic information. Which makes it nearly impossible for many home garages.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts