·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
289 Posts
what is the best way to plug it?
red at the fuse box terminal and black to the frame or somehow directly to the battery with the whole wheel removal procedure?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you hard wire it use the terminal in the fuse box for the positive lead the (red)one. The positive one is the one that looks like a threaded rod sticking up and for the ground I use the computer ground on the APM that's the module located near the brake master cyclender with the red cover . Use a wrench and remove the ground lead (Not the nut under the red cover) You will need to get a larger loop and extend the ground wire so it reaches the ground on the computer .Thats for hard wiring the charger comes with two clamps that you can also use if you don't hard wire hook up at the same places as if were going to hard wire it .

Either way it will work hope that helps some

·
Registered
28 Posts
battery charging in spurts

would anyone know if there is a problem charging in spurts? I have a time based electricity rate for electric vehicles and wondering if charging in my regular outlet for 6 hours at a time every night would be bad on the battery (versus continuous charging) I drive the car just on weekends and usually run it to the end or the end of the battery, and then it stays plugged in during the week and recovers its charge. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I've seen it doesn't make a difference how you charge the battery as far as how long or how short of time I have customers that charge the battery even if they only used it for a couple of miles .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts