Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to find out the (remaining) battery capacity in the Fisker?

I have a BMW i3, and I can easily read how much battery capacity still left in the batteries - and after 2.5 years / 30.000 km I am still at the promised level from new, so unless this readout is "manipulated" - which I do not think, it varies a bit, which can be read in the different i3 forums, this reading is an indicator of battery status / health.

In the Fisker, is there any way to find same information?

I was thinking to measure how much kw/h I am adding to the batteries when charging after all stealth miles are used / zero. Unless energy moves to heat or something else I do not know wile charging, I would assume that the charge the batteries accepts, will give an indication on the health of the batteries?

The range indicator will give 50miles / 81km regardless of battery condition when car is fully charged - hence it is not a "real" indicator, or am I wrong?

Any ideas on this subject?

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Is there a way to find out the (remaining) battery capacity in the Fisker?

I have a BMW i3, and I can easily read how much battery capacity still left in the batteries - and after 2.5 years / 30.000 km I am still at the promised level from new, so unless this readout is "manipulated" - which I do not think, it varies a bit, which can be read in the different i3 forums, this reading is an indicator of battery status / health.

In the Fisker, is there any way to find same information?

I was thinking to measure how much kw/h I am adding to the batteries when charging after all stealth miles are used / zero. Unless energy moves to heat or something else I do not know wile charging, I would assume that the charge the batteries accepts, will give an indication on the health of the batteries?

The range indicator will give 50miles / 81km regardless of battery condition when car is fully charged - hence it is not a "real" indicator, or am I wrong?

Any ideas on this subject?
My Home charger keeps track of every charge and I can go back and compare with the earlier charges. That would probably be the most accurate measure. If you use a 110V charger, you can get a Wattmeter to monitor power flow.

·
Registered
859 Posts
The battery has built-in monitoring software so one can read TOU, SOH, S/N, etc., using a laptop that has the original menu-driven Fisker Automotive diagnostic software. There's probably a laptop in Europe that can be sent to your nearest service center it you need to run diagnostics on your Karma.

I have heard that a balanced, non-leaking Karma Battery (aka A123) can last as long as 20 years and still be able to function - although probably not at 100%.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
The Fisker DIAG tool still cannot accurately read SOH. Never implemented, just the ability to reset it once it erroneously goes to 0%

·
Registered
146 Posts
Battery State of Health (SOH)

When my Fisker had the inspection for the Powertrain Protection Program the reported HV battery State of Health (SOH) was 76% according to the report that I received. I had 33,294 miles at the time of inspection.

I don't know what this mean but it did pass the inspection.

Sam

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
When my Fisker had the inspection for the Powertrain Protection Program the reported HV battery State of Health (SOH) was 76% according to the report that I received. I had 33,294 miles at the time of inspection.

I don't know what this mean but it did pass the inspection.

Sam

Hopefully that was the current state of charge not state of health of the HV battery. Fisker guidelines defined end of life of the HV battery at 80% or 10 years/100k miles. The 76% is an erroneous value in Prodis

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
My Home charger keeps track of every charge and I can go back and compare with the earlier charges. That would probably be the most accurate measure. If you use a 110V charger, you can get a Wattmeter to monitor power flow.
What do you have?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Hopefully that was the current state of charge not state of health of the HV battery. Fisker guidelines defined end of life of the HV battery at 80% or 10 years/100k miles. The 76% is an erroneous value in Prodis
The SOH is a battery algorithm based on calendar time and miles driven. I'm guessing it should have been closer to 90% if the Prodis were working properly.

The readout uses small type, and SOC is right above SOH. It's advisable to get a screenshot for your records.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My battery woks fine. I know I get Great miles from a fully charged battery. My battery appears to performs better the more I drive. My vehicle received a new high voltage battery about 30 days after I purchased the vehicle. When I seen the 76% state of heath on the report I was confused. I have only noticed increased mileage and performance from the battery since I had the vehicle. There's been absolutely no decline in performance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts