Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure what the mileage was, but the few times I passed by there was always a crowd gathered around admiring it and wondering how such a cool ride could sell at that price. I've always felt that inept marketing was one of the biggest contributors to the failure of Fisker.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Was also wondering where it was from. Has one of our local guys let their's go? But, if I were buying a used car -- I'd also like to know where it lived. Here in AZ, where it never rains and no car ever rusts? Or, somewhere where they spray salt all around every winter?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would speculate it was either an ego sale (auction fever - not going to let someone beat me on a bid), ultra low mile car, or just a clueless buyer. Looking at ads anywhere - you can buy a <10k mi Karma all day at or well below what they paid for the auction car and that is buying a car at the sellers full asking list prices. Don't let this price point get you too excited in overall valuation just like not letting a Manheim low price get you depressed.

IRT where the car came from - I don't see that as much of a factor. The Karma is a specialty car and they typically are not a daily driver for most owners and wouldn't see a drop of rain or snow regardless of where they're located. Do you hear a Ferrari buyer being worried about if a Ferrari is from the Northeast? We are not talking a Ford F-150 daily driver that has been slogging it out on Michigan salted roads for a few winters - totally different vehicle class and factors of consideration.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would speculate it was either an ego sale (auction fever - not going to let someone beat me on a bid), ultra low mile car, or just a clueless buyer. Looking at ads anywhere - you can buy a <10k mi Karma all day at or well below what they paid for the auction car and that is buying a car at the sellers full asking list prices. Don't let this price point get you too excited in overall valuation just like not letting a Manheim low price get you depressed.

IRT where the car came from - I don't see that as much of a factor. The Karma is a specialty car and they typically are not a daily driver for most owners and wouldn't see a drop of rain or snow regardless of where they're located. Do you hear a Ferrari buyer being worried about if a Ferrari is from the Northeast? We are not talking a Ford F-150 daily driver that has been slogging it out on Michigan salted roads for a few winters - totally different vehicle class and factors of consideration.

May be true for the most part but here in California I have seen rusty undercarriage Karma's that have spent their whole life close to the ocean rather than a few miles inland. These cars exhibit signs of rust if they are anywhere close to salt regardless of where they are used. One of the main manufacturing defects is corrosion. Keep away from salt air and humidity of ocean as well as salted roads.

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
May be true for the most part but here in California I have seen rusty undercarriage Karma's that have spent their whole life close to the ocean rather than a few miles inland. These cars exhibit signs of rust if they are anywhere close to salt regardless of where they are used. One of the main manufacturing defects is corrosion. Keep away from salt air and humidity of ocean as well as salted roads.
I was under the impression that the Karma is built entirely from Aluminium, which does oxidate, but does not rust as steel does. Am I wrong about this?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Barny at the Anaheim event articulated to me that the chassis was steel only the body panels were aluminum. So the chassis rots but body panels do not under salt situations. YMMV

1 - 13 of 13 Posts