Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've received 2 letters(filings) from the courts. Has everyone else received letters?

What do we do with them?

Bill

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Yes - two letters received over the weekend. Looks like a notice of the proposed sale to Hybrid Tech Holdings, LLC and all of the ssumptions of risk and liability (or lack thereof)

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I also got the letters. I think it's because we are listed in the bankruptcy documents. I'm assuming that is because they look at us as a liability because of the warranty that was originally provided.

·
Registered
320 Posts
if you dont mind me asking , why you getting these letters? are you investor? share holder?
Common practice in a bankruptcy would be to send notice to everybody who could EVER file a monetary claim for anything at all from the company. Doing so ensures that all parties who might ever ask for something from the company have been given the opportunity to register a claim in the proceedings, within which all such claims will be essentially dismissed. It's a CYA strategy by the lawyers, it doesn't benefit the people receiving the letters, from what I can discern. So, owners for whom they have addresses will al be included, not just shareholders or creditors. That is why that list was so long - it included most owners (although it seems the company may not have had addresses for some European owners).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got mine... so is there anything we can all collectively do to try and get our warranty preserved? Complain to the judge all at the same time? Any lawyers out there want to weigh in?

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Looks like they are giving us an opertunity to make a claim. I was thinking of writing a personal letter to the judge asking to preserve our warranties if they should start building cars again as part of the BK documents. I can't see how this could hurt.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am willing to sign a group letter to the court requesting warranties originally promised to the Karma customers. The questions is should we make a group claim? Will that be more powerful?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Are you also going to include in this letter the means of which this warranty will be upheld? Most dealers are gone or in the process of closing their doors. For you owners not near Silicon Valley/Dallas/South Florida/Atlanta, etc...just how would these warranties be fulfilled? How do you expect to get parts? There's a lot more to it than the judge just checking the box for "Keep warranty".

·
Registered
483 Posts
Are you also going to include in this letter the means of which this warranty will be upheld? Most dealers are gone or in the process of closing their doors. For you owners not near Silicon Valley/Dallas/South Florida/Atlanta, etc...just how would these warranties be fulfilled? How do you expect to get parts? There's a lot more to it than the judge just checking the box for "Keep warranty".
If a Fisker dealer has stopped performing work on cars its because they are not getting paid and parts availability is questionable. If some kind of warranty fund were to be established then I would guarantee a majority of the closed dealerships would begin working on cars again because

A) Fisker owners typically have a lot of money & probably buy a lot of cars. Dealerships would want their business & they would still make money repairing cars & selling parts.

B) There are a lot more parts out there then most people think. The reason they have been unavailable is because they all have liens against them. Once the BK is complete, you're going to notice an influx of parts becoming available all of the sudden.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Agreed 8AVGMPG. Parts will become available. And how many parts will the new company secure for pennies on the dollar? I think a group letter to the judge at least gets the point across that, we are out here and we don't want to be dismissed. No letter says we could care less if we keep our warranty.

·
Registered
886 Posts
what do I have to do, to get the same letter?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I received the same letters. The only reason they letters were supplied to owners is the warranties. I think we can submit a group claim I am willing to sign. I think to keep things moving through those future claims will be honored. I think the bigger deal is that if in a year when the company in some shape or form has been revived the warranties should be honored . After all the current company just ignored warranties no bankruptcy nothing. So I think now is the time to at least try. All parties have an interest to keep this transaction moving forward. I think by letting the parties know that the owners of vehicles will represent their interest in this matter will help. But not a lawyer here. If noted at the end of the notice It gives you an opportunity to contact both parties of your intentions in the matter.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Received two letters a few weeks ago. This site and the owners who have kept it going and kept conversations alive should gather all of the time we spend talking about our cars and rally a group letter to send to both Mr. Li and to the bankruptcy court....my 2 cents..

·
Registered
536 Posts
Received two letters a few weeks ago. This site and the owners who have kept it going and kept conversations alive should gather all of the time we spend talking about our cars and rally a group letter to send to both Mr. Li and to the bankruptcy court....my 2 cents..
The documents signed on behalf of Hybrid and filed with the bankruptcy court were signed by David Manion. If any owner or group of owners wants his email address, send me a PM (I don't think he'd appreciate me posting it).

I can't communicate with him directly because of lawyer rules, but for those of you who aren't on the Owner's committee (who would also presumably be bound by those rules), why not. But please write responsibly - I don't want to facilitate any rants.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Agreed 8AVGMPG. Parts will become available. And how many parts will the new company secure for pennies on the dollar? I think a group letter to the judge at least gets the point across that, we are out here and we don't want to be dismissed. No letter says we could care less if we keep our warranty.
From what I can discern from the BK documents and my familiarity with corporate BK in general - the parts are mostly with Valmont - the assembler of the cars and various other parts supplier. These are not the assets of Fisker Automotive (unless they are paid for), but the filings makes clear that valmont and other suppliers have held on to these parts and are part of a UCC claim. Long story short. The new fisker will have to pay for these parts and I expect that they aren't going to get much of a discount. Once the BK is finished the holders of these parts will be free to sell to whomever they want. Right now they are stayed from doing so.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I guess you mean Valmet, the former producer of the car, yes I agree they will hold on to the Tools and parts until they get paid. My guess is that it will take a long time before production starts, if ever, unless they agree to re-start production in Finland. Ehich they might have agreed not to under the loan purchase terms.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts