Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a production Jaguar with this powertrain had been available, would you have purchased an XJ instead of the Karma? The range extender in the XJ is a 2.0L four-cylinder unit from a Range Rover Evoque -- itself a unit from the Ford Escape.

Hybrid XJ yields impressive economy, but it's not yet confirmed for production launch

XJ-e hybrid's official fuel consumption is 87mpg

What is it?
We’re talking here about the most economical full-size saloon Jaguar has ever built, the luxurious XJ-e hybrid, which I recently sampled on public roads as part of Jaguar’s three-car, six-driver entry in the 2012 Future Car Challenge, a 63-mile all-roads economy test between Brighton and London.

Our experimental Jag trio, part-financed by the government’s busy and productive Technology Strategy Board, proved their potential by topping their class in the Brighton to London test, winning the award for 'Most energy-efficient luxury car — prototype' and a taking a new award for 2012, the 'Technical panel’s wward of merit'.

The XJ-e, officially rated at 87mpg with a CO2 output of just 75 g/km, is an advanced prototype Jaguar is developing in case the world’s luxury car buyers discover a taste for extreme economy. So far they haven’t; companies such as Porsche have had limited showroom success with their Cayenne and Panamera hybrids. Seems those who can afford big-price cars can stump up big fuelling costs, too.
Read more:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/jaguar/xj/first-drives/first-drive-review-jaguar-xj-e

·
Registered
457 Posts
Not my styling preference but impressive on the efficiency. If its smooth and powerful I can see them selling a lot of these things

·
Registered
546 Posts
Honestly...it seems to me that all the 'legacy marques' such as Jaguar, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc...ignored EV technology until forced to deal with it by upstarts like Fisker and Tesla. So, at this stage of the game, I'd prefer to support Tesla and Fisker, both of which really stuck their neck out to get into the EV game.

(And in a Fisker vs. Jaguar competition, the Fisker wins hands down every time. It's so much more gorgeous than anything Jaguar has on offer.)

·
Premium Member
99 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I would have looked at it, had it been available. But i think the karma would have won. I really don't understand why Karmas aren't flying off the dealer's lots. There isn't a car out there i would rather be driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.