Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Last fall, Karma was saying that its 550,000-square-foot factory in Moreno Valley, California would be up and running about now. But the timeline has turned into a more vague "some time in 2017," so we'll just have to wait for new about the start of actual production.
Oleston said that while the upcoming factory will be able to make more, if Karma sells about 2,000 Reveros, maybe 1,000 of them in the first year, that'd meet the company's expectations.
1000 of them in the first year? it is hard enough finding a single person that has admitted to reserving/ordering one :angel:

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
It's a shame we can't get some version of this CIU. I would like BT to function, it's unusable.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
1000 of them in the first year? it is hard enough finding a single person that has admitted to reserving/ordering one :angel:
powersource, any chance you can look into this https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7df1b5cb-dd24-3f57-b7b0-795109496d5a/samsung-to-blow-up-the.html

and see if we can update our FY2012 batteries with some of this technology ? or is it vapor ware. image a fisker karma with a new battery before a reveno hits the road - all else could be mute -- i'd live with all the other issues if i had a 100 miles or more with my current FY2012 ;-)

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
powersource, any chance you can look into this https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7df1b5cb-dd24-3f57-b7b0-795109496d5a/samsung-to-blow-up-the.html

and see if we can update our FY2012 batteries with some of this technology ? or is it vapor ware. image a fisker karma with a new battery before a reveno hits the road - all else could be mute -- i'd live with all the other issues if i had a 100 miles or more with my current FY2012 ;-)
Hopefully the cars won't go up in flames like their cell phones and like the picture in the article. :dodgy:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
5 year old cars with nearly 10 year old technology - let's just be happy that they keep running.....

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts

looks interesting but very sparse on the details (ie chemistry, form factor etc). Looks like they are using some sort of semi-conductor interconnects to reduce the thermal. Will be interesting to see more details.

We are working on a more cost effective battery that is currently in production (with a major OEM)- so some economies of scales there. The issue with exotic technology like this is that it usually costs an arm and a leg at small volumes (if the supplier is even willing to entertain it).

2012 Fisker Karma still has a lot of life left. Hopefully we can get back to engineering once these legal matters conclude.

In the interim, I think sound deadening (closed cell foam) in strategic parts of the Karma can really help with the ICE noise. Maybe in the next few days we can start a new thread on this topic. It makes a huge difference.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
looks interesting but very sparse on the details (ie chemistry, form factor etc). Looks like they are using some sort of semi-conductor interconnects to reduce the thermal. Will be interesting to see more details.

We are working on a more cost effective battery that is currently in production (with a major OEM)- so some economies of scales there. The issue with exotic technology like this is that it usually costs an arm and a leg at small volumes (if the supplier is even willing to entertain it).

2012 Fisker Karma still has a lot of life left. Hopefully we can get back to engineering once these legal matters conclude.

In the interim, I think sound deadening (closed cell foam) in strategic parts of the Karma can really help with the ICE noise. Maybe in the next few days we can start a new thread on this topic. It makes a huge difference.
sound great -- i did some sound proofing based on our last conversation, but i did it in the rear when joe updated the RDM. When I see joe next, i'll have him do the front -- seems this new option is an improvement
from the material i used in the rear

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
sound great -- i did some sound proofing based on our last conversation, but i did it in the rear when joe updated the RDM. When I see joe next, i'll have him do the front -- seems this new option is an improvement
from the material i used in the rear
This is a picture of??? location

1 - 14 of 14 Posts