Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is your Fisker auto insurance company?

I have Progressive right now and I am wondering if there is a better deal out there? I pay around $660 for 6 months.

Coverage:
100K/300K/100K with add-on 100K/300K & $500 deductable

Anyone find a better deal (not military so I can't get that deal)?

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
If you are an AARP member or eligible, try The Hartford. Of course a lot depends on drivers and their records. However, I pay $2000 a year for my Karma, 2016 Tesla X and 2013 Toyota Avalon collectively. That is with a $500 deductible also here in Georgia.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Previously Navy Federal but they transitioned all their auto insurance customers to Geico (which jacked up the prices) now have USAA for my personal cars. For my personal Karma I pay $460/6 mos with a $1000 deductible.

·
Registered
536 Posts
There are a couple of post on this, but it's always worthwhile to start over since info changes and the prior posts become muddled comparing old to new.

I'm $553 with Progressive/6months with $100K/300K, and deductibles $500 comp/$1000 collision.

Not sure if you can compare an apple to an orange though: I have no claims or tickets (ever), but live in area with lots of break-ins (the car was even stolen once, but it didn't hit my insurance because it was recovered before the claim was processed). Those 2 factors (history and zip code) probably have more to do with quote than deductibles - the only way to really compare your own situation is to shop the same profile with different companies.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Tough to compare rates directly when you live in different parts of the country. What you get charged has a lot to do with the number of accidents within 20 miles of your house. :)

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are a couple of post on this, but it's always worthwhile to start over since info changes and the prior posts become muddled comparing old to new.

I'm $553 with Progressive/6months with $100K/300K, and deductibles $500 comp/$1000 collision.

Not sure if you can compare an apple to an orange though: I have no claims or tickets (ever), but live in area with lots of break-ins (the car was even stolen once, but it didn't hit my insurance because it was recovered before the claim was processed). Those 2 factors (history and zip code) probably have more to do with quote than deductibles - the only way to really compare your own situation is to shop the same profile with different companies.
Stolen? How did they steal it? You leave the keys out?

·
Registered
48 Posts
$355 for six months with full 100/300 coverage and a $500 deductible. Excellent driving record.

Costco / Ameriprise Insurance. (Note you to be a member of Costco but you can join online even if their not a warehouse near you).

Cheapest by a mile, killed USSA and Amica's rates which are normally very competitive and were both double what I pay.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts

Stolen? How did they steal it? You leave the keys out?
I had the same question.
@jomak, @Ira, This particular theft and the subsequent recovery were chronicled in this thread, in case you want to refresh your recollection.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
$355 for six months with full 100/300 coverage and a $500 deductible. Excellent driving record.

Costco / Ameriprise Insurance. (Note you to be a member of Costco but you can join online even if their not a warehouse near you).

Cheapest by a mile, killed USSA and Amica's rates which are normally very competitive and were both double what I pay.

@guitarman,

You are getting smoking deal. I pay $2400/year to Liberty Mutual and we get all the possible discounts because they insure all our cars and hour house as well.

·
Registered
859 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
$100K/$500K with $250 deductible. Just paid $1,267 for 2017 through Hartford AARP

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Maybe I missed it, I didn't see it...Your wife admits to leaving the keys in the car? Either that or she dropped the keys on the ground?
As this post suggests, the thief/thieves may have stolen both keys from inside the house through an open front door, but I don't think the exact sequence was ever established.

My wife's keys are also missing. We can't figure that part out, since she never leaves them in the car, and was last to drive the car. I've read in newspapers not to leave your keys near the front door, like on a key hook, since car thieves are known to look for exactly that. Harleyguy said you'd need a flatbed truck to steal the car, so I have to assume the key was somehow involved and it was driven off

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Im in Orange County if I can be of help.
Are you working with an agent?

I tried getting an on line quote and they don't have Fisker as one of the choices.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts