Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just spent the weekend wth my newest Karma Oski. So far things look pretty solid except for one thing: the mirrors auto fold when I lock the car! On Patience, I have this setting off because of the motor burnout issues we saw in earlier software. But on this Karma, under Settings > Exterior, every time I select Auto Fold Off, it looks like it saves the setting. But as soon as I hit the lock button on the key FOB, the mirrors fold in (not immediately but a few min after the car sleeps). Anyone else have this issue?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
If they fold in they are working correctly I need to double check but I think it's normal if it takes a minute or two to fold in I have to check the bulletin

·
Registered
479 Posts
For whatever reason, the 1 minute delay (after locking the car) before the mirrors fold - is by design.

From everything I've read - the issue with the motor burning out has long been resolved. Let Oski have her way. :)

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Yes the issue has been corrected with software one of the reasons i asked if they are working at all . If they didnt work he would need new mirrors .

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
I have had mine on Auto Fold since 510 and it works fine. The delay is built in, I suspect to make sure you have really locked the car and walked off before the mirrors fold in.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all - but I'd still just like to turn off the auto fold setting altogether. When I try to do that in the settings screen, it looks like it saves that preference. But when I turn off car and lock it using the key FOB, the mirrors still auto fold! Any way to turn this off? Running 510.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone had this problem? Harley/Lormax, any ideas why the autofold setting won't save in the "off" state? Could it be a key FOB setting I need to change elsewhere?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Sounds like the CIU won't save the setting for whatever reason. There's no setting for the key FOBs that I know of unless you have easy exit/entry turned on, then each FOB has its individual settings.

If the car is in SoCal, I can try doing a CIU reflash. It wipes out all the settings in a CIU and sets them to default.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Dindn't want to start a new thread so posting a couple of annoying problems here.
1. Easy/exit entry setting won't work 90% of the time. Every now and then it works but not often.
2. Trip average mpg (both a and b) reset itself to zero for the 2 nd time. I keep record of gas fill ups on my iphone, so I do know my avg. mpg (95)
3. Sometimes the cooling fan does not shut itself down when I plug in charger, have to unplug and replug. Other times it works fine. No pattern.

Are these common problems (bugs with the software).

·
Registered
913 Posts
I had easy entry/exit on for a while and it "mostly worked" but I got annoyed by the failures and turned it off. Just turned it on again this afternoon, will have to see if it gets too annoying again. :) I have 510, for whatever that's worth.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Dindn't want to start a new thread so posting a couple of annoying problems here.
1. Easy/exit entry setting won't work 90% of the time. Every now and then it works but not often.
2. Trip average mpg (both a and b) reset itself to zero for the 2 nd time. I keep record of gas fill ups on my iphone, so I do know my avg. mpg (95)
3. Sometimes the cooling fan does not shut itself down when I plug in charger, have to unplug and replug. Other times it works fine. No pattern.

Are these common problems (bugs with the software).
1 and 2 are known issues. 1 may be related to the car not recognizing the fob consistently. 2 seems to happen as the trip counter gets close to 3000 miles, but there's no distinct cut off point. It's annoying.

As for 3, there is a pattern: If your AC is running when you turn the car off you need to wait until the car goes to sleep (about 2 mins) before plugging in the charger. Otherwise the fan may run continuously. If you don't want to wait 2 mins to plug in just remember to turn off the AC before turning off the car. If you're not using AC you can pretty much plug in immediately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts