Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
And I will announce the Olympics games in which I will be competing as soon as I can run faster than Usain Bolt.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think a deal must be imminent (Henrik leaving- in my mind- must mean that they are very close to making a deal). Also I think this vehicle will have the Green carpool stickers in California and will be a hot seller. Just need to get this deal done and hopefully that is done this month. Everything is going to be just fine.

·
Registered
859 Posts
A lot of you have been involved in new companies and know that founders often leave over philosophical differences with the senior management team. One can only speculate - but it "feels" like something is going to be announced soon and Henrik doesn't agree with it. The quote about the Atlantic is the only clue we have. We'll see . . .

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
I don't know Jimmy, that empty Fisker factory in Delaware could be a very valuable asset to an Asian company wanting to sell cars in America...

·
Registered
854 Posts
Fisker got that Delaware plant too early for it to be useful for them. I suppose they needed to move on a good deal while it was available, but they should have set expectations a bit more realistically. Locals expected jobs immediately and instead it's been a bit of a political embarrassment. I read an article a while back that Delaware was stuck with the utility bill which at that time was already $400K.

·
1,217 Posts
Fisker got that Delaware plant too early for it to be useful for them. I suppose they needed to move on a good deal while it was available, but they should have set expectations a bit more realistically. Locals expected jobs immediately and instead it's been a bit of a political embarrassment. I read an article a while back that Delaware was stuck with the utility bill which at that time was already $400K.
It would have been utilized earlier if the DOE hadn't suspended the $325M portion of the loan that was targeted to Atlantic engineering and production in Delaware. Fisker spent $40M on refurbishing the Delaware plant; some of the original wood flooring that was removed can be seen in the lobby area of Fisker's Anaheim HQ.

·
Registered
854 Posts
It would have been utilized earlier if the DOE hadn't suspended the $325M portion of the loan that was targeted to Atlantic engineering and production in Delaware. Fisker spent $40M on refurbishing the Delaware plant; some of the original wood flooring that was removed can be seen in the lobby area of Fisker's Anaheim HQ.
Hmm... I'm not so sure.

They got the plant back near the end of 2009. Due to Karma delays, I don't think Fisker was yet in a position to make use of it. They said they'd be producing "Ninas" there by 2012. Do you really think that would have happened, even if they got the full loan? They lost access to the rest of the DOE loan money because of missed milestones, e.g., they failed "to sell 11,000 Karmas at an average price of not less than $87,500 by Sept. 30, 2011."

I think they would have done better to get the plant after the Karma was out the door. This is all hypothetical anyhow, but as it currently stands that plant is an understandable annoyance for Delaware.

Also, money is fungible, but whatever they spent on that Boxwood Plant effectively came out of grants and loans from the state of Delaware and from parts of the DOE loan the did get. That gov't money was specifically for that purpose.

·
1,217 Posts
Also, money is fungible, but whatever they spent on that Boxwood Plant effectively came out of grants and loans from the state of Delaware and from parts of the DOE loan the did get. That gov't money was specifically for that purpose.
Not true. They continued to spend money on Boxwood (raised from private equity) after the DOE had cut off funding. When they failed to get the debt financing they were pursuing to replace the DOE funding, they ceased renovation work on the Boxwood plant.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Not true. They continued to spend money on Boxwood (raised from private equity) after the DOE had cut off funding. When they failed to get the debt financing they were pursuing to replace the DOE funding, they ceased renovation work on the Boxwood plant.
Do you have a source on that? You could be right. Last I checked Fisker got $30M from the DOE loan and $21M from Delaware (in loans and grants) earmarked for project Nina.

At any rate, the only point I was making was the timing of when they got the plant was poor for Fisker. Would have been better if the Karma was further along. If you're saying they spent an additional $40M of money that could have been spent elsewhere, that only supports my point.

·
Registered
28 Posts

That "PRIVATE FUNDING" came from other "GREEN" companies that also got Government Cheese ........ sure it sounds good but its all BS ......... and like I said in other threads Fisker striped the plant and sold off the equipment (for millions) but NEVER REMOVED THE ASBESTOS ......... Thats when I knew they didn't have plans to reopen the plant ..... like I said in other threads I'm a car guy and live a few miles from the Boxwood Plant and want nothing more then seeing other Delaware folks working ....... I produce TV for a living ..... and not "Hit" pieces mostly automotive so it was very hard to admit this even to myself that it was all a sham

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
That "PRIVATE FUNDING" came from other "GREEN" companies that also got Government Cheese ........ sure it sounds good but its all BS ......... and like I said in other threads Fisker striped the plant and sold off the equipment (for millions) but NEVER REMOVED THE ASBESTOS ......... Thats when I knew they didn't have plans to reopen the plant ..... like I said in other threads I'm a car guy and live a few miles from the Boxwood Plant and want nothing more then seeing other Delaware folks working ....... I produce TV for a living ..... and not "Hit" pieces mostly automotive so it was very hard to admit this even to myself that it was all a sham

Gosh, seems like I've heard this before Jimmy. Are you just using copy/paste or are you retyping it for the 18th time?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts