Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reviewing some Karma concept photos, I realize the brake discs had holes in them. While the production version does not, so are the Karma brakes anti-lock?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Whether or not the rotors are cross-drilled (meaning they have holes on the friction face) has absolutly nothing to do with whether there is anti-lock braking system (ABS) equipped.

The Karma does have ABS, and you can choose to purcahse and install crossdrilled rotors from Brembo, however given how little braking they actually do, they would be more of a cosmetic than a performance upgrade.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nimisys, thanks for your info. The other reason that I am questioning this is that my Karma brakes tend to lock up or fail to release themselves upon reverse first thing in the morning. It does take some pedal motion to release the bind. This maybe the cause of the "parking brake malfunction" message that a lot of us are experiencing. I will bring it up to the dealer's attention this week.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
MArkansas said:
doug said:
Pretty sure ABS is mandated on all new cars, at least in the US.
Does the Karma have a traction control system?
From Karma's specifications page:

Dynamic Safety Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction Control System (TCS) [Standard on all models]
-- Fab.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
RE: Traction control

MArkansas said:
Does the Karma have traction control?
Yes. See my response above.

-- Fab.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes, and on at least one occasion, it (luckily) worked very well in the snow...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts