Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did it. I abandoned my beloved but forsaken Palm Pre running webOS and bought a new Android-based smartphone.

Now that I'm on a platform that actually has a vibrant App catalog I'm overwhelmed with choices. For example: I decided I wanted an App to show me nearby charging stations. It turns out there are plenty. I installed four of them, but I wanted to ask this group: Is there an app you recommend? Do you use one of these four? Do you use something else? All advice welcome.

I've installed:
  • The PlugShare app
  • The "EV Charger Locator" which I think is by FleetCarma
  • The Blink app
  • The ChargePoint app

Thanks!

Brent

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
I finally did it. I abandoned my beloved but forsaken Palm Pre running webOS and bought a new Android-based smartphone.

Now that I'm on a platform that actually has a vibrant App catalog I'm overwhelmed with choices. For example: I decided I wanted an App to show me nearby charging stations. It turns out there are plenty. I installed four of them, but I wanted to ask this group: Is there an app you recommend? Do you use one of these four? Do you use something else? All advice welcome.

I've installed:
  • The PlugShare app
  • The "EV Charger Locator" which I think is by FleetCarma
  • The Blink app
  • The ChargePoint app

Thanks!

Brent
The one I use most is the Chargepoint app because it shows the current status of the charging station so you know whether it is in use or not. The other advantage is that the network and chargers are maintained by the company so the information is always up to date. Same goes for the Blink app but there are not a whole lot of Blink chargers where I roam.

The other apps, such as Recargo and Plug Share are crowd sourced and the information is not always up to date. They also cannot tell you if a particular charger is in use or not. But they do give you information about private chargers that are available for use that may not show up on the networks.

So your best bet is to use a network app (e.g., Chargepoint) plus a crowdsourced one (e.g., plug share) to get the best possible coverage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts