Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am thinking about getting this put on - not only for the aesthetics (will make the B-pillar look seamless with the rear windows), but also because it shields out most UV rays and keeps the cabin cool (and thus, the battery too), which I think will preserve the leather and the interior longer (not to mention keep your arms free of tan lines/burns on longer trips).

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/ScotchgardAutoProtection/Home/AutoDealerships/Home/Products/WindowFilm/CrystallineWindowFilm/

Let me know if you guys have it/considered it. Am also curious how much darker it makes the inside under normal conditions.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I had it installed today, I'm picking up my Karma tomorrow and i'll have more info. I'll also be at Cars & Coffee Saturday morning if you want to take a gander.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ufojoe said:
I had it installed today, I'm picking up my Karma tomorrow and i'll have more info. I'll also be at Cars & Coffee Saturday morning if you want to take a gander.
Cool - let me know how it works - I'm traveling the next week and a half (vacation!) but will be back in town around the 24th.

Curious - which % did you go for (dark/medium/light)? Did you get windshield, side windows and rear done?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had it installed upon purchase.I had the clear done on the windshield and had the tint graduated in darkness from front to rear. The inside is not much darker at all and I never have any glare issues on the command center. Overall I'm very happy with it. I'll also be at cars and coffee this weekend.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is a great idea. I'll have to look for a local shop to install this asap.

If it prolongs the beautiful interior seems like a no brainer.

-jeff

·
Registered
264 Posts
siliconkiwi said:
Could you post photos? What was the cost?
I'll post pictures tonight. I had it rolled into the purchase price.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ejo3rd said:
siliconkiwi said:
Could you post photos? What was the cost?
I'll post pictures tonight. I had it rolled into the purchase price.
Great thanks - I think I'm gonna have it done on mine next time I bring it in for service. Hopefully 6.15 will be out by then and fix many of the remaining issues...

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
ejo3rd said:
I had it installed upon purchase.I had the clear done on the windshield and had the tint graduated in darkness from front to rear. The inside is not much darker at all and I never have any glare issues on the command center. Overall I'm very happy with it. I'll also be at cars and coffee this weekend.
Do you have pics? Many thanks. Did you do the rear window as well?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts