Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a cover for my Fisker when it's parked in the garage. Does anyone have one they would recommend? Thanks!

·
Fisker#1016
50 Posts
VW of Santa Monica still has FISKER OEM parts and accessories in inventory. They have/had a FISKER Cover. Talk to the parts department. Inventory is in another warehouse so may take some time.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I am looking for a cover for my Fisker when it's parked in the garage. Does anyone have one they would recommend? Thanks!
@yoursupergirl, If you don't have to have a Fisker branded cover, here is the one I used when I stored my car during the 2015 winter in New Hampshire. I had it on my car for about 5 months, and it did a great job protecting the car without causing any damage.

If you are considering storing your car for the winter, longer than a couple of weeks, you should also connect a battery tender to protect the 12V battery from going flat which would have significant negative consequences. See this thread for more information on this topic.

And this is the battery tender.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Coverking brand was recommended on this board years ago, and if you type in "coverking karma" on eBay, you'll find both satin and stormproof versions under $250. They even have a "triguard" version for $99. Not sure if anyone reading this has used Coverking and has thoughts to share, but Fabulist's recommendation, based on first-hand experience, is more valuable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all so much. I really wanted to use something that other Karma owners had used and liked. I appreciate the input and will get to ordering one now :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
The one I use is a CarCapsule SHOWCASE. Won't scratch paint, and reduces or eliminates condensation because it has a fan that circulates air. Also keeps mice OUT

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
The one I use is a CarCapsule SHOWCASE. Won't scratch paint, and reduces or eliminates condensation because it has a fan that circulates air. Also keeps mice OUT
That's pretty cool, basically a garage-within-a-garage. Or the box a life size toy car comes in. Can you run an extension cord (for example for a battery tender) through one of the walls?

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's pretty cool, basically a garage-within-a-garage. Or the box a life size toy car comes in. Can you run an extension cord (for example for a battery tender) through one of the walls?

Yes, there is a small slit under the fan unit which allows you to run a charger cord, which is what I use with the 110V charger. When I get 220V out in the garage, I'll probably run the charger from the opposite end, and just run the cable through the zipper. We call this the Michael Jackson chamber, where #2388 sleeps. My biggest concern was mice. Back in 2002 I went to Europe for 3 months and upon my return found a dead mouse in my German car's air conditioning system. NEVER AGAIN. I hate mice. Nobody hates mice more than I do. :mad:

·
Registered
859 Posts
If you keep a Karma garaged, you don't need a car cover. I use Alex Pop's "No Rinse" and "Xpress" when my car gets dusty after a few weeks. Overall it takes less time to wipe the car down and shine it than taking a car cover on and off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts