Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the board. Bitten by the Fisker bug big-time.

Question: Does anyone know the history of this car on ebay?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Fisker-Karma-EcoSport-/254115249032

I purchased a 2006 Mercedes CLS 500 from the same seller about 6 years ago, and he is a straight shooter (eg. he paid for an expensive airmatic shock that went bad a week after my purchase)

Ideas and comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John in Colorado Springs

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Hi all,

I purchased a 2006 Mercedes CLS 500 from the same seller about 6 years ago, and he is a straight shooter (eg. he paid for an expensive airmatic shock that went bad a week after my purchase)

Thanks,

John in Colorado Springs

That is user @JCMorrill 's car he has had previous issues (battery and coolant pump ) with it not sure if fixed. Better to message him and find out if there is anything wrong or why he traded it in. He was pretty active a few years ago.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi. The car was mine. I miss it, dearly. And, it was 100% when I traded it.

My local service provider went under, and I actually drove my Fisker regularly so I needed it working. Taking it to CA (which I had done twice) for repair was just getting to be too much. I was given an opportunity get an I-Pace months ahead of being able to order one, so I jumped and traded my Karma. If I had the garage space, I would have kept it. It was in perfect condition when I traded it. In the last year it got a brand new battery (under warranty), and the suspension bushings done, and water pumps replaced, Differential seals replaced, Contactor #5 (I believe) replaced. Also, I had the waterproofing for the CIU redone. And other things, I'm sure. I left my full service history with the dealer. Ask for it. It was tip-top. There's not a scratch or a nick on it and all front surfaces & doors have clear bra. The only thing that doesn't look brand new is a small wear mark in the leather of the driver's seat bolster that apparently I rubbed as I got in. It's lived in AZ all it's life, always garaged, and almost never seen rain, let alone snow/ice/salt. I took it to car shows regularly, and it was always one of the biggest draws. If you're gonna take good care of it and keep it like new, go buy it. Frankly, you'd be very hard pressed to find one in better shape. I loved it for years. Best of luck to you! And, read through these postings thoroughly. There's a ton of good info here for you.

(Thanks for ref'ing me @PowerSource - I got the email about this post that I otherwise would not have seen.)

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
If you're gonna take good care of it and keep it like new, go buy it.
Wow, such a nice summary, you made me want to go buy it. (For a minute).

·
1,172 Posts
Wow, such a nice summary, you made me want to go buy it. (For a minute).
from the pics it looks immaculate, especially for a car that has close to 50k on it.

If OP is really interested in it may be worthwhile to get a scantool to the car dealer and get a read out of all the vitals. Joe or Adam may be able to ship it to the selling dealer and do a scan of all the subsystems to make sure everything is on the up and up. Cheap insurance prior to purchasing it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi @JCMorrill (John),

Thanks for all the info. I talked to Joey (the dealer) today. He also seems to know a lot about these cars, and he said Cory works on them for him.

Q: Did you have a Power-Source TOM installed? If not, should I have Cory do it while it is in Arizona?

Thanks

John T

·
Registered
169 Posts

My local service provider went under, and I actually drove my Fisker regularly so I needed it working. Taking it to CA (which I had done twice) for repair was just getting to be too much. I was given an opportunity get an I-Pace months ahead of being able to order one, so I jumped and traded my Karma. If I had the garage space, I would have kept it. It was in perfect condition when I traded it. In the last year it got a brand new battery (under warranty), and the suspension bushings done, and water pumps replaced, Differential seals replaced, Contactor #5 (I believe) replaced. Also, I had the waterproofing for the CIU redone. And other things, I'm sure. I left my full service history with the dealer. Ask for it. It was tip-top. There's not a scratch or a nick on it and all front surfaces & doors have clear bra. The only thing that doesn't look brand new is a small wear mark in the leather of the driver's seat bolster that apparently I rubbed as I got in. It's lived in AZ all it's life, always garaged, and almost never seen rain, let alone snow/ice/salt. I took it to car shows regularly, and it was always one of the biggest draws. If you're gonna take good care of it and keep it like new, go buy it. Frankly, you'd be very hard pressed to find one in better shape. I loved it for years. Best of luck to you! And, read through these postings thoroughly. There's a ton of good info here for you.

(Thanks for ref'ing me @PowerSource - I got the email about this post that I otherwise would not have seen.)
I am wondering why the water pumps were replaced and which pumps in particular? Was this done because they were defect or because of precaution to prevent harm?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best regards,

Bart

·
1,172 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks,

John in Colorado Springs

Saw it sold did you buy it or someone else?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't. I spoke with Joey (the seller), and it really sounded like a perfect Karma specimen. But I it looks like I will have to bulk up my "guitar center slush fund" by $10k to get one.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
JCMorrill's Inferno

I purchased the car from Cascio Motors in Scottsdale on my [email protected] the end of January this year on eBay. Flew in and drove it back to Reno(Virginia City) a few weeks later with no issues.
It was checked out by Pat @ his garage in San Fran a few weeks later (he gave me some insight before purchase as he had done some service over the years) and all systems were perfect!
I will take great care of this specimen and use all of my engineering and pilot skills to keep it healthy.
Pat will do a radiator upgrade before next Summer given the elevation changes all around Reno/Lake Tahoe and our sometimes 100+ temps, the OEM is not up to the climbs on ICE alone.
Will do a TOM upgrade soon (on order) to do a "bandaid" fix now and be able to run EV when climbing and passing in the desert heat to Vegas!
LOVE THE CAR!!

·
Early Adopter
1,246 Posts
I purchased the car from Cascio Motors in Scottsdale on my [email protected] the end of January this year on eBay. Flew in and drove it back to Reno(Virginia City) a few weeks later with no issues.
It was checked out by Pat @ his garage in San Fran a few weeks later (he gave me some insight before purchase as he had done some service over the years) and all systems were perfect!
I will take great care of this specimen and use all of my engineering and pilot skills to keep it healthy.
Pat will do a radiator upgrade before next Summer given the elevation changes all around Reno/Lake Tahoe and our sometimes 100+ temps, the OEM is not up to the climbs on ICE alone.
Will do a TOM upgrade soon (on order) to do a "bandaid" fix now and be able to run EV when climbing and passing in the desert heat to Vegas!
LOVE THE CAR!!
It's fun to drive and even better when you look over the front hood and rear fender from the rear view mirrors -- such a great looking car from ever angle, in and out. Now if someone could just come out with an updated streaning wheel with lights for the selector, an I8 sound track to the speaker system and change that awful GM tunrn signal sound - visuals and sound would be complete - LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts