Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Anyone else waiting to see what the Model X by Tesla looks like tonight?

15K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  AnOutsider 
#1 ·
Tesla is unveiling theh new SUV called Model X tonight at 8pm PT! Live stream on their website.

#29 ·
I don't think I have ever had a car towed without a flat bed yet this blogger is trying to shock readers into thinking you can't move a bricked car. I am also pretty sure no car will start after sitting for months without a tender unless maybe you have a solar panel roof.

#31 ·
marcus said:
I don't think I have ever had a car towed without a flat bed yet this blogger is trying to shock readers into thinking you can't move a bricked car. I am also pretty sure no car will start after sitting for months without a tender unless maybe you have a solar panel roof.
I expect it would be quite difficult to move a bricked Roadster. The parking pawl locks the rear axle when the vehicle is off. For towing the vehicle must be turned on and placed into tow mode to disable the parking lock. This can't be done if the vehicle is dead.

#32 ·
Don A said:
marcus said:
I expect it would be quite difficult to move a bricked Roadster. The parking pawl locks the rear axle when the vehicle is off. For towing the vehicle must be turned on and placed into tow mode to disable the parking lock. This can't be done if the vehicle is dead.
Tow trucks do not have problems towing cars and Tesla batteries don't cost 40k.

#33 ·
marcus said:
Tow trucks do not have problems towing cars and Tesla batteries don't cost 40k.
No doubt they can. Just saying if the vehicle is parked nose first in a garage without direct access by a rollback it could be a bit of a job. Tow hook point is only on the front and they will need to put dollies under the rears to move it.

#35 ·
More important, I believe, is this:
Speed-sensitive steering assistance is provided by an electrohydraulic system that runs on the car’s 12-volt system. This low-voltage system powers the on-board accessories, lighting, and infotainment system, and stores power in a conventional lead-acid battery. The roof of the Karma has solar panels that feed the system with up to 120 watts of power on sunny days. While this electricity never powers the wheels directly, it can reduce the amount of low-voltage power pulled from the high-voltage system, and could, in theory, add up to 200 miles of additional range per year. Cool, yes, but it’s mostly there to make a statement, we suspect.
source

Basically, everything that does "power drain while off" is run off this separate, conventional-car system. The li-ion batteries are free to sustain themselves for long periods with no draw at all.

#36 ·
It is a neat concept. I think I would like a more elegant solution, however, something that does not require another set of wheels, brakes, signal lights, etc. I would be cool with a drop in generator that used four mounting bolts and a aircraft style brake-away valve system to tie into a fuel tank that is in the existing car. I am not sure how good an idea it would be to drive with a near empty tank all the time until you wanted to use it. Perhaps, a bolt on tank as well? I know that would be more work than this.

#44 ·
Whats up with the panda interior?
Seems they are just showing the different options and putting them in one car. You would only have one of those on the whole interior it seems.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...-new-interior-detroit-auto-show-live-pictures
Tesla calls it an "interior exploration", giving a hint as to the different colors and trim materials you can expect from the production Model X.

The work has been done by Tesla Design Studio, and uses a mix of white and black leathers to bring contrast to the three rows of seats--the back rows, of course, accessed via the unusual 'falcon wing' rear doors.

#45 ·
hmm the model x is awesome.. I love the door style of passenger sides and also the interior of the car is amazing. Because there are not any control button on the dash all the controls are in the touchable computer lcd. Thanks for sharing the photo of new model here is the photo of interior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.