Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Anyone else waiting to see what the Model X by Tesla looks like tonight?

15K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  AnOutsider 
I am going to see about pushing my Model S reservation over to the Model X.
Sparky168, for a completely battery EV if you don't like 300 miles in an hour's charge, would you be happier with 150 miles in 10 minutes? The chemistry exists today and it is called Lithium Titanate, Altairnano makes them and so does Toshiba with Toshiba marketing them under the name SCiB, for Super Charge ion Battery. They are in the newest model of the Mistubishi iMiev and coming in the Honda Fit EV.

Dutch, I agree and said so in the Tesla Buzz forum. I just don't think they will make it to the production model. But that's okay. I care more about space and all wheel drive. If the falcon wing concept is all about being easier to strap a child in a safety seat, I would think making the aft seats rear-facing would be better. Except I am not sure how well the rear fairs in a rear-end collision compared to the middle.

Yeah, don't see the camera mirrors making it as that seems to be very trendy with concepts, i.e. Cadillac Converj, and never makes it to market. Understandably, in some aspects, as I don't know if I would trust my rearview to software issues. I think I will do some reading about CAN buses and what the problems are with them.

It is a neat concept. I think I would like a more elegant solution, however, something that does not require another set of wheels, brakes, signal lights, etc. I would be cool with a drop in generator that used four mounting bolts and a aircraft style brake-away valve system to tie into a fuel tank that is in the existing car. I am not sure how good an idea it would be to drive with a near empty tank all the time until you wanted to use it. Perhaps, a bolt on tank as well? I know that would be more work than this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.