Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Anyone else waiting to see what the Model X by Tesla looks like tonight?

15K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  AnOutsider 
I was pretty meh, but after digesting it all, I upgraded to sig. Not a huge fan of the styling (again I wish fisker had stayed with Tesla), but the tech is there, the room is there, and the range is there. I'm in.

dennis said:
It would seem that for the Model X to be a big success Tesla will have to make changes to deal with the practical objections to the Falcon doors. Sure, they are cool, but if potential buyers are worried about bike roof racks, Thule boxes, home garages, parking garages, etc., it is going to reduce the available market significantly.
100% agreed, though reservations seem to be moving at a surprising clip.

Where's the eye rolling smiley? "Execs leave after doors some people don't like make it into production!".

I'm pretty sure the execs left (mostly) for the stated reasons. Rawlinson has a family to raise in the UK and felt it was time to get back to it; the other guy was his flunky and followed him out the door.

Back to the doors, I'm sure they'll stay. Tyrant or not, he got the Roadster door sill lowered, the retractable handles are still on the S, and there was much fanfare about the doors -- I doubt they're going anywhere.

In fact, they tend to be very upfront about things, for example the camera mirrors. Most companies show off a concept car and strut about like they're hot $&%*. Tesla was very upfront that the mirrors may not make it if they can't make headway with legislators. If they were doubtful about the doors, they've shown no signs.

Article title is PR fluff, but a pretty in depth video here: http://gigaom.com/cleantech/tesla-says-reservations-of-model-x-have-hit-40m-worth-of-cars/

So again, they seem 100% certain the doors are making it... Mirrors, not so much. I don't mind either way personally.

Marketing to women is smart IMO. As for the X, I'm not even sure ill keep my reservation, IF we do, it may end up being my wife's daily driver. I don't want to replace our Q5 though since I can't go far in the X, and don't need 2 crossovers.

I personally feel that interior is a bit tacky compared to the concept. This shot isn't a bad one, but as you go back you'll see it's all two-toned and such (look at the mats, they're made for the black seats with red piping).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.