Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Anyone else waiting to see what the Model X by Tesla looks like tonight?

15K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  AnOutsider 
It would seem that for the Model X to be a big success Tesla will have to make changes to deal with the practical objections to the Falcon doors. Sure, they are cool, but if potential buyers are worried about bike roof racks, Thule boxes, home garages, parking garages, etc., it is going to reduce the available market significantly.

Dutch said:
The final Model X will very likely have normal doors, for the exact reasons you mention, and because it's an expensive solution. Maybe they will keep them as an option for those who really want them.
Don't underestimate the power of a visionary tyrant CEO. If Steve Jobs could keep Flash support off the iPhone/iPad, Elon Musk can keep falcon wing doors on the Model X.

I wonder if those doors precipitated the departure of the Tesla Chief Engineer and chassis engineer last month. I remember reading at the time a speculation that those departures most likely related to the Model X, not the Model S.

Reading is fundamental.
When I first clicked on the article link all I got was the pictures - maybe that is happening for everyone. Refreshing the page after seeing your post revealed the text about "interior exploration".

Nonetheless, it is ugly IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.