Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Anyone else getting worried that we're going to have $100K bricks?

34K views 110 replies 42 participants last post by  MArkansas 
@ffcars - Honestly, I now share your concerns. I've been trying to determine how well the Karma is selling, because ultimately that is what will make or break Fisker. Are people looking past the bugs and risk of a new car company, and moving forward with their Karma purchases? I really thought (and hoped) the dealers would not be able to keep cars in stock for at least the first six months or so, but that isn't the case. Cars are sitting on dealer lots and some dealers aren't even buying signs yet. As an example, cars.com currently lists 247 Karmas, and a sampling of these with photos of the actual cars in stock at the dealer indicates: 6 in Ft. Worth, 6 in Tulsa, 14 in Las Vegas, 17 in Atlanta, 7 in North Olmstead, 10 in Greenbelt, and on and on. I'm not sure what the sell rate is but the number of new Karmas listed on cars.com gradually increases each time I check. I really hope the Karma inventory levels sell down completely, creating a wait list. But so far, if you want to purchase a new Karma, they appear to be readily available in a large selection of colors. :(

WOJO said:
RE: Fabulist :angel:

I'm just worried That's All.
Don't want to get stranded on a Chicago HWY or pulling out when Valet gives me my stunning Fisker. :thumbup:
You're not alone in the worried camp. You shouldn't have to consider being stranded each time you get in your new $110K car. Incidentally, an owner just posted a comment on Fisker's own Facebook page describing their frustration with currently being unable to startup their new Karma after owning it for only a week. 6.15 cannot come soon enough! But, I hope Fisker holds the release until they truly fix the major stuff... it must be a good release this time. Too many cars are sitting on dealer lots, and obviously word is getting out of all the problems. I really want Fisker to succeed, but I admit I'm also now in the worried camp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.