Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All Original Owners:

Has anyone heard or received any updates from Wanxiang on original owner support beyond the $2,000 per vehicle? I tried to email the company through the current site just to get on their mailing list and their "contact us" email is down. Was hoping something good might come from their promise on the current site:

"We are already hard at work discussing ways that we can make this a better experience for all current Fisker owners and hope to bring better news to each owner in the near future."

·
320 Posts
All Original Owners:

Has anyone heard or received any updates from Wanxiang on original owner support beyond the $2,000 per vehicle? I tried to email the company through the current site just to get on their mailing list and their "contact us" email is down. Was hoping something good might come from their promise on the current site:

"We are already hard at work discussing ways that we can make this a better experience for all current Fisker owners and hope to bring better news to each owner in the near future."
I'm going to send them a certified letter return receipt, but I won't hold my breath. I don't think we'll hear anything for the next 3 months. They are probably still deciding whether or not they need prior owner support versus the cost of a better warranty. I don't expect any new Karmas to be produced for another 15 months as a 2016 model. Tesla and BMW will have cornered the electric vehicle market by then. Not to mention Cadillar, and hybrid Mercedes and Porsches. He who hesitates, falters.

·
Registered
192 Posts
HE WHO HESITATES IS LOST - "Swift and resolute action leads to success; self-doubt is a prelude to disaster. The proverb goes back to 'Cato' (1713) by English essayist and poet Joseph Addison.

·
Registered
80 Posts
All Original Owners:

why do you specify "original owner?" what does this mean? and just so you know in all the filings there is no distinction made.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why do you specify "original owner?" what does this mean? and just so you know in all the filings there is no distinction made.
Hi, I was referring to early adopters and people who purchased from dealers that had the original factory warranties in place. I'm not sure how Wanxiang would handle the warranty for cars that have been purchased private party since then or if they look it as a "warranty is a warranty" even if the car has changed hands since the original dealer purchase. So I had put the question out to the group on the boards that have been riding this thing out from the beginning; i.e. original owners. :D

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
if I bought my car in the aftermarket at a substantial discount I would not be as upset as an "original owner" who paid full price with the expectation of a 6 year warrenty (after the recall) and a repalcement battary commitment from the dealers and the manufacture .. my two cents.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
if I bought my car in the aftermarket at a substantial discount I would not be as upset as an "original owner" who paid full price with the expectation of a 6 year warrenty (after the recall) and a repalcement battary commitment from the dealers and the manufacture .. my two cents.
+1 I'm an original owner.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
As I suggested may happen, new ownership will likely offer a steep trade assist to original owners meaning an additional percentage or fixed amount on top of trade value to put them in a new car with a full warranty. Thats typical of a manufacturer. Ive been with European luxury dealers for 20 years and it is common practice to offer extended warranties and trade assist on a car with multiple problems or a major component or design issue. Just my thought, not inside info or anything to hold onto.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
As I suggested may happen, new ownership will likely offer a steep trade assist to original owners meaning an additional percentage or fixed amount on top of trade value to put them in a new car with a full warranty. Thats typical of a manufacturer. Ive been with European luxury dealers for 20 years and it is common practice to offer extended warranties and trade assist on a car with multiple problems or a major component or design issue. Just my thought, not inside info or anything to hold onto.
At this juncture, I will be delighted to see the spare parts supply chain restarted. The warranty for existing owners is going to be several steps after that. I would like to see the New Fisker Automobile successfully crawl before they attempt an Iron Man event.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Patience

The tone of patience that I see on Fisker Buzz is commendable. You guys are awesome. I hope the new company senses this "Teamwork" attitude and plays nice with everyone. I originally bought the car to help excite everyone to get away from ICE, and its REALLY working well, every day. If Fisker can get back into solid production, and help out whatever problems anyone is having, that would be great. My Signature Series is rock solid, and I'm pleased as punch. I miss driving into the Vancouver dealership to say hi.

·
FiskerJoe
40 Posts
I have searched the FiskerBuzz forum and have consulted The Google. My apologies, in advance, if I've just missed it.

I found out a few minutes ago that my wonderful Fisker (that I've had for almost exactly one month) is in need of $3,500 worth or repairs.

Classic Cadillac (in Atlanta) reminded me of the $2,000 available in warranty that would, at least, take some of the sting out.

However, although I find tons of references to it, I can't seem to find an actual claim form or instructions for attempting to collect this money.

Anyone out there have specifics? (If I've missed the boat entirely, I'd appreciate knowing that as well).

Thanks,

*sniffle*
*sniffle*

-Joe

·
Registered
320 Posts
Joe,

I hate to break it to you, but there is no current warranty support for your car. That theoretical $2K was/is associated with those owners that bought cars prior to bankruptcy and who subsequently made a claim during the BK process for support. I'm an original owner and do not expect warranty support now, so I wouldn't suggest you expect any. There are a couple of great Fisker repairmen on this forum, so maybe contact them for your best cost alternative. Get it fixed once and it should be good to go for a long time! Good luck!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Joe,

I hate to break it to you, but there is no current warranty support for your car. That theoretical $2K was/is associated with those owners that bought cars prior to bankruptcy and who subsequently made a claim during the BK process for support. I'm an original owner and do not expect warranty support now, so I wouldn't suggest you expect any. There are a couple of great Fisker repairmen on this forum, so maybe contact them for your best cost alternative. Get it fixed once and it should be good to go for a long time! Good luck!
Dave - I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment.

Folks - the plan documents are approved and available for anyone to review (links are posted elsewhere in the forum). Do yourselves a favor and read them.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Dave - I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment.

Folks - the plan documents are approved and available for anyone to review (links are posted elsewhere in the forum). Do yourselves a favor and read them.
Maybe I was being too harsh in my wording, and yes, I have read all the documents Sandy. But what I said was "there is no current warranty support" and "do not expect warranty support now". My point being that there are still many aspects of the plan to be finalized and implemented. This new owner won't get someone to currently provide warranty work. Whether or not he could ultimately recover anything is another story, given the limitations on total warranty value/cost to the new Fisker and his place "in line" behind other owners with warranty claims. The new Fisker will have the ability to handle more claims at their discretion, but legally will have lots of wiggle room with the newest owners who bought cars more recently.

The link for those who haven't seen the plan filings, once again is: http://omnimgt.com/sblite/templates...OCd6EwPUN3Z7R6wBFUMDmCRs0/nK14mf5Q=&tagid=174

Non-sequiter and Sandy and others have discussed the warranty part of the plan in several threads including "Warranty Claims form and Ballot". As Sandy says, it's instructive to read them.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Maybe I was being too harsh in my wording, and yes, I have read all the documents Sandy. But what I said was "there is no current warranty support" and "do not expect warranty support now". My point being that there are still many aspects of the plan to be finalized and implemented. This new owner won't get someone to currently provide warranty work. Whether or not he could ultimately recover anything is another story, given the limitations on total warranty value/cost to the new Fisker and his place "in line" behind other owners with warranty claims. The new Fisker will have the ability to handle more claims at their discretion, but legally will have lots of wiggle room with the newest owners who bought cars more recently.

The link for those who haven't seen the plan filings, once again is: http://omnimgt.com/sblite/templates...OCd6EwPUN3Z7R6wBFUMDmCRs0/nK14mf5Q=&tagid=174

Non-sequiter and Sandy and others have discussed the warranty part of the plan in several threads including "Warranty Claims form and Ballot". As Sandy says, it's instructive to read them.
That's fair, Dave - thanks for clarifying. Hopefully all of this will be demystified soon enough (60 days or so?) when dealers can start providing warranty work again.

·
FiskerJoe
40 Posts
Thanks for the replies, Sandy and Dave.

I understand that I am paying out if pocket. Even if it takes 6 months, still...2 grand is 2 grand.

Specifically, I just need to fill out the proof of claim form from the site you mentioned and mail it in? Have either of you done that ?

-Joe

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Thanks for the replies, Sandy and Dave.

I understand that I am paying out if pocket. Even if it takes 6 months, still...2 grand is 2 grand.

Specifically, I just need to fill out the proof of claim form from the site you mentioned and mail it in? Have either of you done that ?

-Joe
Just a side note what repairs does you Karma need.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts