Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time for the 5k service, any sggestions?

I have had the car for a little over 6 months, and have had the recall notice performed, do i really "Need" the service? Given that the I am mostly on stealth (72% of time - only 1400 of the miles were involved the engine), it just seems like an annual service suffice. What is it that the dealer does at 5k?

I haven't had 5.10 installed yet. I have a break squeak I want the to fix... Anything else I should have the dealer do if I am going to take the trek to the dealer?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would have them change the oil (which is apart of the 5k service) anyways even though its only been about 1400 miles for the following reasons:

- Its a new engine. The first oil change should typically be done fairly soon just incase there was any remaining 'breaking in' that needed to be done that could have left debris in the crankcase.

- Oil becomes corrosive over time with the contaminants it contains. Thats why a lot of places will give you a mileage limit or a length limit (ex: 3k miles OR 3 month)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I believe it is especially important to change the oil frequently when the ICE is rarely in use...the useful lifespan of oil is reduced with infrequent use and sediment can build up...Plus there are several other non recall factory notices that can be fixed during your visit...the gas cap latch, the thermostat that causes hot air to blow when the ICE comes on, and of course of software upgrade...all can be fixed in a day along with the oil change.

Buck

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The services are included with the car you shouldn't have to pay even if you don't use the motor the oil should be changed every 6 months also the filter .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts