Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Add one of these - simple, fast and leave the OEM CIU untouched.

http://instagr.am/p/CdRi7_jJ1JV/

·
Premium Member
150 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just wish that I could use Pandora instead of XM :-(

Better yet, my girlfriend's G8 has the ability to replace the entire CIU with an iPad! It can run all of the factory stuff, and still allow for new apps to be installed in the future. I guess if I'm going to wish then I should wish for that!

@Tigga, any thoughts on whether you can replace the OEM backup camera with the one you linked?

·
Premium Member
150 Posts

Better yet, my girlfriend's G8 has the ability to replace the entire CIU with an iPad! It can run all of the factory stuff, and still allow for new apps to be installed in the future. I guess if I'm going to wish then I should wish for that!

@Tigga, any thoughts on whether you can replace the OEM backup camera with the one you linked?

I would leave the OEM CIU alone.

It works fine as is. The android mirror comes with 3 cameras. One front, one rear and one in cabin. 3 Channel recording. Also remote viewing - you can login to the car and see all 3 cameras.
Light Automotive mirror Font Automotive lighting Line

Product Game controller Input device Font Gadget

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Light

Product Automotive design Flash photography Automotive mirror Communication Device

Product Output device Automotive mirror Font Gadget

Input device Gadget Font Boat Video game accessory

Product Font Screenshot Travel Electronic device

Product Automotive mirror Font Gadget Line

Product Communication Device Audio equipment Gadget Peripheral

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tigga: have you actually installed one of these on your car? How do you run all the camera wires to the mirror? In the ad pictures there are no wires, but in reality there is, isn’t there? And is the mirror communicating with the driver’s phone, of does it’s navigation operate separately?

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Tigga: have you actually installed one of these on your car? How do you run all the camera wires to the mirror? In the ad pictures there are no wires, but in reality there is, isn’t there? And is the mirror communicating with the driver’s phone, of does it’s navigation operate separately?

Tigga: have you actually installed one of these on your car? - Yes, the same one in the pics above.

How do you run all the camera wires to the mirror? - The only wire you need to run is for the new rear camera if you choose to use it.

In the ad pictures there are no wires, but in reality there is, isn’t there? - The car is factory wired to the existing mirror. 12 volt and backup sensor wires are connected to the existing OEM mirror.

And is the mirror communicating with the driver’s phone, of does it’s navigation operate separately? - The new android mirror is stand alone, it is running off its own version of Android. Navi is built into the mirror. It has the Google Play Store built in so you can add Apps off the play store.

Light Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design

·
Premium Member
150 Posts

I did not want to touch the existing CIU system. It comes with "new" rear cam with the mirror. I would also recommend not connecting to the existing cam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts