Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I sold my Fisker Karma a couple of years ago (I still miss her every day!), but with all the maintenance challenges and repairs needed frequently, in addition to moving, we made the difficult decision to sell. I always had hopes of owning another one once we got settled and finances allowed again.
I had signature #62 and even won Best of Class (Future Classics) at the Cincinnati Concourse with her! We have had a garage full of cars over the years and I have to say I have never met another I loved as much even with her faults.

Having said all of that, my husband is selling his 1996 Acura NSX and we are seriously considering adding a Karma Revero to the garage in it's place. I am nervous to go for a Fisker again and the Revero still has full dealer support. I spoke with a dealer yesterday who said they will get back with me today regarding a certified pre-owned Revero with a 3 year dealer warranty. It is super tempting! I am in Cincinnati and the dealer is in Chicago so it's not too far to go for service.

I went to the VIP event and drove the Karma in PA when they introduced the cars and it was, well, just like driving my Fisker just with updated electronics, colors, etc. of course. I am just wondering if anyone else in this group has made the jump to the Revero or knows anyone who has?
If so what issues have you seen or know of? What bugs are being seen in this new "version" that should be considered.

Obviously having a warranty will be great peace of mind for repair of major issues, but it doesn't help much in the moment when you go out to the parking lot and your car won't start or go into gear, etc. I, like most Fisker Karma owners, had my fair share of those moments.

I appreciate any info you all may have.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's a good question, and while many people here on the board had it under consideration, I don't recall if anyone confessed to buying a Revero. I wonder if there is a separate forum for Revero owners, but I'd guess not. There were only 2000 or so 2012's built worldwide, and I wonder how many Reveros were made in the years since, but my guess is 'not many'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello!
I sold my Fisker Karma a couple of years ago (I still miss her every day!), but with all the maintenance challenges and repairs needed frequently, in addition to moving, we made the difficult decision to sell. I always had hopes of owning another one once we got settled and finances allowed again.
I had signature #62 and even won Best of Class (Future Classics) at the Cincinnati Concourse with her! We have had a garage full of cars over the years and I have to say I have never met another I loved as much even with her faults.

Having said all of that, my husband is selling his 1996 Acura NSX and we are seriously considering adding a Karma Revero to the garage in it's place. I am nervous to go for a Fisker again and the Revero still has full dealer support. I spoke with a dealer yesterday who said they will get back with me today regarding a certified pre-owned Revero with a 3 year dealer warranty. It is super tempting! I am in Cincinnati and the dealer is in Chicago so it's not too far to go for service.

I went to the VIP event and drove the Karma in PA when they introduced the cars and it was, well, just like driving my Fisker just with updated electronics, colors, etc. of course. I am just wondering if anyone else in this group has made the jump to the Revero or knows anyone who has?
If so what issues have you seen or know of? What bugs are being seen in this new "version" that should be considered.

Obviously having a warranty will be great peace of mind for repair of major issues, but it doesn't help much in the moment when you go out to the parking lot and your car won't start or go into gear, etc. I, like most Fisker Karma owners, had my fair share of those moments.

I sold the Fisker Karma’s in the Chicago area, and have stayed in touch with many of the original purchasers. One of my clients did buy the Revo and has had it for over a year without any problems 🤞

·
Registered
104 Posts
I’ve driven several and would recommend the newer ones (2020-2021) as they fixed most of the ongoing issues.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Hello!

Yes, I still have my original and I bought a 2018 Revero that had never been titled. I’ve had it for5 months it was half the price of my original Fisker and much improved electronics and performance. I like my interior of my original Fisker better.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Yes, I still have my original and I bought a 2018 Revero that had never been titled. I’ve had it for5 months it was half the price of my original Fisker and much improved electronics and performance. I like my interior of my original Fisker better.
My new one is a balboa blue it gets all the attention when I drive it even parked amongst Lamborghinis at a restaurant everyone is asking about it. I have had issues with my door sticking it has a 3 yr warranty. They have replaced the seals but I think it’s the latch that is sticking. I am taking it back to check it out. Other than that no mechanical issues. I just couldn’t find a car that I liked better in style and with 4 doors. People think I’m nuts for buying a second one and maybe I am. It’s still the best linking car on the road. I have tried to convince myself to get a Tesla as a family car but I just can’t get over the lack of style. They perform great, but just look like turds. I have a Range Rover I need to replace soon, I just don’t know what to get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts