Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Michael said:
Is there a new battery recall the latest months?
No, there isn't.

In December of 2011 Fisker announced a recall concerning the clamps attached to a hose that is part of the battery cooling system. This impacted 239 cars. After some analysis, in June of this year Fisker added 19 more VINs to the list of affected cars. That's all it was, but it didn't prevent the news from reporting "Fisker announces another recall"

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Michael said:
my dealer says they are waiting for the new batterys for my new car. the dealer got the car a month ago, could it be an old one?
I'm sure the recall has nothing to do with your delay.

Fisker did announce that some of the batteries produced by A123 were manufactured incorrectly and will be replacing those batteries. This isn't a recall per se, they are just going to proactively replace the batteries made in one of A123's factories sometime in the next year, but no firm dates have been committed. Perhaps your dealer thinks that they cannot deliver the car until this is done? I would reach out to Fisker Customer Service to see if they can look into the delay and perhaps educate your dealer if this is the case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.