Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even our modest PV installation can generate more than enough power on long sunny summer days to charge up my Fisker.

And that's not all. Under my EV-friendly rate, the electricity we generate during the day gets sold to PG&E for up to $0.50/KWH (or offsets electricity we would have to buy at that price) and I get to buy it back at night for $0.19/KWH. No wonder they keep trying to limit or kill these programs.

Summer is awesome. :D

·
Registered
913 Posts
Fabulist said:
... Under my EV-friendly rate, the electricity we generate during the day gets sold to PG&E for up to $0.50/KWH (or offsets electricity we would have to buy at that price) and I get to buy it back at night for $0.19/KWH.
No such luck here. On the other hand, the base price is half your "cheap" price. :D

I was back-of-envelope calculating in my head the other day at gym, and I think my small rooftop system will generate about as many kWh as I will use to go as many miles as I have averaged with the current car.

The Karma may get driven more locally but probably a little less overall since many of my miles are done driving a long way to some camp site, and the Karma is not very good for car-camping. But only time will tell, really, especially if I do some long road trips in the Karma (which, based on December test drive, will be a lot more pleasant for long trips).

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ct-fiskerbuzz said:
Fabulist said:
... Under my EV-friendly rate, the electricity we generate during the day gets sold to PG&E for up to $0.50/KWH (or offsets electricity we would have to buy at that price) and I get to buy it back at night for $0.19/KWH.
No such luck here. On the other hand, the base price is half your "cheap" price. :D
These are the maximum rates (3x Base Load and higher). The base load rate is much lower but we generally blast through the tiers pretty quickly so I don't even think about getting the $0.07 /KWH rates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts