Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Fisker from NJ, which is winging its' way to Blighty. Am I the only one here to have one? (When it arrives)

Fred

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
where?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Fiskerbuzz wiki: "Blighty" is a*British English*slang term for*Britain,[1]*deriving fromPersian*velayat*and ultimately from*Arabic*wilayah, originally meaning something like "province". In India the term*vilayati*came to be as an adjective meaning*European, and specifically English or British:[2]"blighty" is believed to be a corruption of*vilayati*by British soldiers stationed in India.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly

Fred

·
UK Member
7 Posts
Hi Fred

Just bought a Fiske Karma from NY, it is now in Blighty just awaiting registration, had a few problems with the importers but managed to avoid Duty as it was built in Europe! Did you register PLG or did you get zero RFT status?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Fred

Just bought a Fiske Karma from NY, it is now in Blighty just awaiting registration, had a few problems with the importers but managed to avoid Duty as it was built in Europe! Did you register PLG or did you get zero RFT status?
Wow, how did you manage to avoid duty? I was subject to duty and VAT, but managed to get the DVLA to class it as a PLG hybrid, as the American COC gave it an exhaust reading of 128gms. I tried talking to them, but they're just a bunch of immovable objects. Because of that, I still have to pay congestion in London. Maybe we can get together and put forward a case for zero RFT. BTW, the nearest dealer is in Hiversum in the Netherlands. Good service, but beware of the laid back Dutch attitude. lol.
Whereabouts are you based?

Fred

·
Registered
3 Posts
Am I alone

Hi, I'm looking to bring one to the UK in January. Can you tell me who you're insured with as I'm finding it difficult to get cover.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi, I'm looking to bring one to the UK in January. Can you tell me who you're insured with as I'm finding it difficult to get cover.

Thanks
Chris
Good luck - you're best off referencing the user's login names when trying to get their attention as folks may not check these forums often.
@Fredc51 and @RSR - new potential owner in the UK looking for some advice.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Thanks
Chris
Hi Chris,

A plan insurance, and Adrian Flux are the ones to approach. I am insured through Hiscox American Imports, they will cover Fiskers. BTW, mines up for sale if you're interested. PM me for details if you are?

Fred

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Chris,

A plan insurance, and Adrian Flux are the ones to approach. I am insured through Hiscox American Imports, they will cover Fiskers. BTW, mines up for sale if you're interested. PM me for details if you are?

Fred
@Fredc51 @RSR, can I ask, when you brought your cars over and you had to have it MOT'd. What did you do about the headlights? I assume the beam direction is setup for driving on the left from factory so would need to be directed the other way for UK and MOT. Did you do this with the importer or did the selling dealer do it for you? What was involved in it?
I see changing from KPH to MPH is easy on the console, but not sure about the lights.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
47 Posts
The headlights are changed with the turn of a directional screw on the light modules. Your French dealer should be able to do it. I'm not sure if you have to take the front off, but send a message to HarleyGuy, he's a mine of information. here may be a problem with the reflectors on the front arches. I've got amber ones, but the Dutch dealer says the EU needs red ones. Mine passed the MOT last month with no problems.

Fred

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am bringing one more Fisker to UK. Actually tomorrow. Soon will need to adjust those lights too :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts