Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this car in the shop now the customer replaced his tires with Yokohama Parada Spec X with a V rating . Look like a really nice tire and a aggressive tread design time will tell how they perform .

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Great to know we now have options on the tire, keep us posted on the wear and performance if you would!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Great to know we now have options on the tire, keep us posted on the wear and performance if you would!
There have always been options - but they vary over time. Go to Tirerack.com and plug in the tire size and you'll find the current options for you to consider. For my money, the OEM tires are a bargain though.

The OEM tire from Goodyear is used on several other vehicles so it's not like there is any imminent danger of them ceasing to produce the tire...I think. :)

PS A month or two ago, I looked and there were about 5 options on TireRack. Now there seem to be just two. Strange.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Was wondering how Owners with the Yokos on their Karma are fairing? Also does anyone have a pic of how the Yokos look on the car? It seems as though the rating are pretty high on the Yokos compared to the Good Years. Just wanted to make the right decision. thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't seen the car since I took the picture I can't imangine then not wearing better then the GoodYears

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ran the Yokos from Oct to May and they wore fine. I put around 9,000 miles on them and not much wear compared to Goodyears. Here is a picture and I think they look great!

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I ran the Yokos from Oct to May and they wore fine. I put around 9,000 miles on them and not much wear compared to Goodyears. Here is a picture and I think they look great!
Any noticeable difference in ride quality and/or performance? How do they compare in terms of cost?

·
Registered
125 Posts
From a practical standpoint, you will not notice much difference in temperatures from say 40f-70F.. The rubber compound on the Yokos are for colder weather and will make a little noise when hot....as air temps of 80F and above. But work much better than the Goodyears when 40F and below. The compound on the Goodyears is not correct for 40F and below .And the Yokos do great in snow also...the Goodyears not well at all in snow! Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
125 Posts
Let me clarify. I am talking about the Fisker winter tire set up with the 21 inch wheels and Yoko winter tires. If you have found Yokos that fit the 22 inch wheels...whether winter tires or summer performance tires, I know nothing about them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Also,don't know about cost, for the Yokos I got by came by buying the 21 inch wheels from Fisker when I took delivery on my Karma last Fall...and the Goodyears are what came on the Karma from the factory .....although taking delivery when snow was starting at my condo at 8500 Ft altitude, I took delivery with the winter 21 inch setups ( dealer was kind to store the 22 inch wheels with summer tires for me)and did not change to summer 22 inches until May. I did drive to the southern part of the U.S. in winter with no snow...and the Yokos also did great in the cool, but not cold , temps there....as well as rain. But later when I was in 80F+ weather, I noticed a little tire road noise...which of course was not there when I changed to summer Goodyears. The rubber compounds make all the difference for the different temperatures and conditions from cold winter(including snow) driving to hot summer driving.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I do not know....but do not think so. The winter Yoko tires have more rubber than the summer Goodyears.....such that if one measures not the wheel size, but the entire mounted tire size, I am told by my Fisker dealer that the mounted Yokos and the Goodyears both are the same diameter....such that the speedometer nor odometer have to be adjusted to display correctly when going from the 21 inch wheel to the 22 inch wheel. I.e., if you understand what I am trying to explain, the rubber on the Yokos must be 1 inch thicker than the thinner rubber on the Goodyears. I guess, if you could find an all weather tire with the same thickness of rubber as the Goodyears, you could mount them on the 22 inch wheels? And alternatively ,on the 21 inch ones, an all weather with same thickness as the Yokos could be mounted? Fisker original tires and wheels including winter setup were apparently pretty well thought out size wise.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Thanks ebarneyr. Actually I was wondering if anyone had the larger 22 Yokos, and wanted to see how they compared. I live in Cali temperatures are currently are in the triple digits. Anyone else with the larger 22 Yokos on and how they like them?

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Does anyone know if I can replace one single tire with a "directional" one or should they be done in sets only?
I would think you need to replace them, at a minimum, in pairs. Otherwise, you may end up with alignment issues.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts