Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all Karma owners:fisker:, as i need your knowledge about certain issues that i have been reading here on FB. Okay I have a KARMA that i have been looking into buying and as suggested i will Post the VIN # YH4K14AA7CA001459. I think the #1459 in vin means the production unit # off the assembly line right? What im looking for is the history regarding common issues.
1. RDM
2. Software updated
3. Battery the A123 swap done.
4. Any additional critical info that you may have.

Thank you to anyone that can help me out.
Don

·
Registered
192 Posts

I've got 1451 and have not had one problem. I've got all the updates until they stopped producing them. 8200 miles and alls' well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks nice to here that. Did you buy it used or new? This one is used and I dont want to buy something that has a bad issue such as battery or RDM.
Also I'm going to need the grill inserts in the front bumper. Any clues as to were i can purchase them.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I bought #1466 new and have not had any issues, 11k miles and going strong....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ufojoe
Good to see units in front and behind 1459 are good no issues. Also this one im looking to buy has 10k miles on it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think 8AVGMPG, HARLEYGUY, OR LORMAX has more indepth info about the vin history. IE if any issues was fix repaired to the unit using the vin to explorer that. But glad to hear Bert and Ufojoe has good units approaching or at 10k miles.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Lormax coming by on Thursday to do an oil change and an inspection, i'll let you know if there are any concerns....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the info although what is 510 thanks...the date it occurred, Also the TL info I have that. Any battery or RDM info is my biggest concern.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Smooth, can you provide more info to why the car is a total loss? Concerning since my VIN is so close to that one.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Smooth, can you provide more info to why the car is a total loss? Concerning since my VIN is so close to that one.

Vehicle was in an accident in June. Not sure the extent of the damage- it could have been totaled due to lack of parts availability.

I will let the resident experts weigh in on the history of #1459.

I do not see any big ticket items that have been replaced on this vehicle

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yours @ufojoe is fine its mine & im aware of this its just a huge savings with karma cost 50-60% below retail. I just have to thoroughly vette the cars vin # to see about Battery and RDM if there's a issue. I know this if I buyit and I have to get 2 front bumper grill inserts and 2 hrs to fix the front bumper cover. Nothing I haven't done in the past.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Vin 1696 here and I just got don't driving. 8971 miles here. Drives great with the occasional check engine light coming on here or there. Other than that its great.....my tires r getting pretty bald though. Lol

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The door pull ring campaign is open, no big deal there.

I don't see anything that would show any of the major work being done (Battery, RDM, etc).

I'll contact you about those grills.

I also wonder, how many miles are on it?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The door pull ring campaign is open, no big deal there.

I don't see anything that would show any of the major work being done (Battery, RDM, etc).

I'll contact you about those grills.

I also wonder, how many miles are on it?
10,581 miles as smoothoperator said...exactly those miles.
I will be waiting for those pricing for the grill inserts OEM and aftermarket Lormax thx.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
meh, unless you're getting this for 30k or less I'd stay away.
Exactly my thoughts but im in the car business for a living and understand the risk. And know the values and it would be in the 35k to 39k range. I couldnt even buy a Karma wrecked for that price of 30k. And this one has minimal bumper damage. Also my price for Tesla model s are 92k "not going there six figures". Also I may wait until fall/winter if my max buy price is exceeded as these Karmas will be available to me @ 40k in great numbers used.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts