Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
You probably don't want the kid seat in the front for safety impact anyways.

I don't think you can disable any air bags in any car unless you stab a knife through the dash, I think that will work.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
The only car's I've seen where you can disable passenger side airbags are in cars with no back seat. My Gallardo had this feature.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
every car here in europe has this function, there is usually an off switch in the door.
In sweden we put the childseat so the child is looking backwords

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
All infants should face backwards. But, by 30lbs they should be facing forward. I had my infant seat latched in backwards in the back seat of the Karma until Espen outgrew his infant seat. Now he's in a toddler seat facing forward, latched in the back seat.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
My Jaguar had a couple of sensors connected to the passenger seat and would automatically disable the passenger side airbag if there was someone or something in the seat that weighed less than a specific value (70 pounds, I think). Our M-Class Benz has the same feature and when our 19-pound Dachshund occupies that seat, the car dutifully turns off the airbag for his protection. Maybe the Karma has the same setup? Since the dog is not allowed in the Karma, I have never gotten any indication about the airbag.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
My Jaguar had a couple of sensors connected to the passenger seat and would automatically disable the passenger side airbag if there was someone or something in the seat that weighed less than a specific value (70 pounds, I think). Our M-Class Benz has the same feature and when our 19-pound Dachshund occupies that seat, the car dutifully turns off the airbag for his protection. Maybe the Karma has the same setup? Since the dog is not allowed in the Karma, I have never gotten any indication about the airbag.
Not to sure about the passenger side seat pressure detect as my Karma doesn't even acknowledge that someone is sitting in the passenger seat without the seat belt engaged, no matter how much or little they weigh.:s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts