Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Cloud Based App Developer
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My air conditioner performance is not as good on ICE as it is on Battery. I notice the pressure goes down and the air is not cold enough to keep the car cool. Does anyone has this issue ?

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
That usually only happens while your accelerating you better check the cooling fan under the hood is working . While in Stealth and the AC and the car is in park open the hood and listen the fan should be running it's pretty loud . Drive the car in sport and while the engine is running and before it shuts off make sure it's running on a high speed . The cooling must run at all times with the AC on . No matter stealth or sport

·
Registered
261 Posts
had similar problem. Just had to have the cooling fan replace, only cost me $2000.00

Wanxiang where are you when we need you?

·
Cloud Based App Developer
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok - Well My cooling works ok but it has a better performance on Battery than it has on ICE. When I run my car on ICE for a while and park it, I get a really loud fan noise. Is that that cooling fan ? Sometime I get a whistling noise as well. Is it normal or I need to replace the cooling fan ?

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
My car is #72 . The first spring when I'd use my A/C in Stealth it worked great, but as soon as the ICE would come on only warm air would come out of the vents for several minutes. It was as if hot air from the ICE would bleed into the system. Then an upgraded HVAC unit came out and that swap made this a much improved system. I can still feel the temperature of the air blowing becoming warmer as the ICE kicks in, but it is much more manageable. Seems like AC works best in stealth and the heater works best in ICE mode. I guess it makes sense, but there is definitely room for improvement in the entire HVAC system in the Karma.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Agreed. I still have the older unit and you have to put up with some heat for a minute or so if the ICE kicks on before the cooling comes back.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
My car is #72 . The first spring when I'd use my A/C in Stealth it worked great, but as soon as the ICE would come on only warm air would come out of the vents for several minutes. It was as if hot air from the ICE would bleed into the system. Then an upgraded HVAC unit came out and that swap made this a much improved system. I can still feel the temperature of the air blowing becoming warmer as the ICE kicks in, but it is much more manageable. Seems like AC works best in stealth and the heater works best in ICE mode. I guess it makes sense, but there is definitely room for improvement in the entire HVAC system in the Karma.
More then likely they installed the latest Module not a complete unit .

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Agreed. I still have the older unit and you have to put up with some heat for a minute or so if the ICE kicks on before the cooling comes back.
With the future of Fisker looking better now then it's been in the past year I've been working with the engineer who's in charge of the complete HVAC system giving updates to him what's been happening with the HVAC .

·
Registered
546 Posts
With the future of Fisker looking better now then it's been in the past year I've been working with the engineer who's in charge of the complete HVAC system giving updates to him what's been happening with the HVAC .
Harleyguy...PLEASE keep us updated on this! My air conditioner bakes me when the ICE is on. Apparently, I still have the old HVAC which is odd given that my car was one of the last ones to roll off the line.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Harleyguy...PLEASE keep us updated on this! My air conditioner bakes me when the ICE is on. Apparently, I still have the old HVAC which is odd given that my car was one of the last ones to roll off the line.
I'm in the process of trying to find out what Vin's have what HVAC units and if the units are the same and if the later Vin's use a different damper motor . Also looking into how the software effects the cars performance

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I have the opposite problem, My AC blows full cold when the ICE kicks on, and I have to turn the heat to full MAX to kick it out of cold mode....

·
Registered
40 Posts
had similar problem. Just had to have the cooling fan replace, only cost me $2000.00

Wanxiang where are you when we need you?
$2000.00 for a f***ing radiator fan, I knew it was going to be expensive but man.

Wanxiang needs to get off there ass and at least figure out some type of way to at least help out with some of these repair costs, cause that $2000.00 promised from them seems to not even cover a radiator fan getting replaced let alone something more serious.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts