Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a camera pretty much this one: camera

I want to mount it in the front middle lower gap, between the diamonds. The reason is I have no idea how close I am to the curb or curb guards and I dont want to hit the car or scrape it! As we all know the front is massive like a aircraft carrier.

Any idea how how I would tap into the video display and not mess up the rear backup camera???

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had one installed. They replaced my rear view mirror with one that has an LCD monitor built in and use that.
Does the rear view mirror still have the ability to open your garage door? I like the 3 buttons to open!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yes. The buttons were completely the same. The downside was that the light sensor in the mirror I got wasn't compatible -- so I have to manually turn my headlights on/off. That's probably a problem that SOMEBODY could fix, but I've learned to live with it. I use the front camera a lot. I don't drive at night nearly as often.

·
Registered
888 Posts
This is a project to think about!!!

Did somebody investigate on putting cameras in the side mirrors, facing down?
We recently took delivery of our new Audi. They have 4 cameras, front, rear, both mirrors. They have a view, which looks like somebody is taking a video from about 15m above the car... Impressive!
Everybody is looking up, wondering, where the camera is positioned :)

Any idea?
This reminds me on the per-source Alpine entertainment extension... Any news on this channel?

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. The buttons were completely the same. The downside was that the light sensor in the mirror I got wasn't compatible -- so I have to manually turn my headlights on/off. That's probably a problem that SOMEBODY could fix, but I've learned to live with it. I use the front camera a lot. I don't drive at night nearly as often.
I wonder if there is a fully compatible one? Anyone know? FiskerPhilly or HarleyGuy?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just installed one myself last week. I installed the front camera below the grill and ran the cable around the A pillar underneath the rubber trim and into a 3.5in display that I placed on the left corner of the dashboard. I have black interior so the wires are not apparent. This is a must option for the Revero as I have already scraped my front fender a few times. Side cameras would be a plus as well, to prevent curb rash. I purchased cam at Amazon - just search for Gazer CC100. It is a full 170 wide view. Gazer also makes the 3.5 display. I choose not to run the wire thru the engine firewall, because this was a DIY project; however, you could purchase remote transmitters (for about $13) to transmit camera signal to display. Cons are lower video quality and finding a 12V splice. At the end of the day, my way was simple and easy DIY - no need to splice into 12V power supply and can be easily removed.

Good luck.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Will this system connect to our existing Head Unit display? It would sure give it a nice OEM feel and look. Powersource, does our head unit have an input for an external video source? If so, how is it removed and identified? I do understand if this is something you are hesitant to share due to proprietary issues, but it would be nice for DIYs to know. Thanks.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Has anyone looked at Wish or Geek? They have a lot of options, even add rear view mirrors that can replace or hook to your current mirror. My issue is if I bought one that doesn't have garage door opening ability I don't think I could reach the buttons on the original mirror with another mirror strapped on.

They also sell 3.5" to 5" displays you could add, wireless or not. I even found one that sends he display your phone! Now that would be really easy!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an European version in which does’nt have any remote control for door opening in the inside mirror.
I had a camera built in the front (frontcam1/2) and I switch on manual. You can see the picture in the mirror. (mirrorpic1)

Attachments

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have an European version in which does’nt have any remote control for door opening in the inside mirror.
I had a camera built in the front (frontcam1/2) and I switch on manual. You can see the picture in the mirror. (mirrorpic1)
I saw that one. Did you remove you original mirror or strap this on it? Can you open your garage door with the original or the new one? If you don't use it, can you reach the 3 buttons on the original?

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I saw that one. Did you remove you original mirror or strap this on it? Can you open your garage door with the original or the new one? If you don't use it, can you reach the 3 buttons on the original?
If really want to buy the mirror without the Homelink feature, you could use your cell phone as a garage door opener using this system. Major garage door opener manufacturers also provide interface options for their openers that would let you use their app to operate your garage door, e.g., Chamberlain.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
If really want to buy the mirror without the Homelink feature, you could use your cell phone as a garage door opener using this system. Major garage door opener manufacturers also provide interface options for their openers that would let you use their app to operate your garage door, e.g., Chamberlain.

Yes or you could just put a BLE transmitter (in the fascia of the vehicle about 5mm and cost of 4-7 dollars) and will open the garage every time your vehicle approaches once you pair with the garage door. Could even program in the coordinates so it sends the signal automatically vs beacon.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Where do you get a BLE transmitter that does GPS? Never heard of it, but sounds interesting!

My main concern is I want auto headlights. I don't want to turn them on. Garage door I can deal with but I want the features I have plus front camera.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is staped on the original mirror. In European version doesn’t have garage door open button on it, because of the different standards.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts