Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am new to the forum but have been reading it for a couple of weeks. So far I have called Lormax twice with questions and he has been awesome! I keep hearing something about the green circle under the motor?? Here is the
VIN YH4K14AA5CA001346. I'm waiting for the dealer to tell me If it has the circle or not but I don't think it does as I tried to look under the car myself the other day and Didn't see it.

Would the Vin number help me to find out If any updates have been done. Its a trade in and they don't have any paper work on the car. I the Vin is above 1200 does it matter if the green circle is on the motor or not??

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Shows it has the latest software, fan recall completed though the door pull ring shows it's Open still.

No work done to the RDM, though with a VIN in that range it should have the updated clip. Since the RDM wasn't worked on, you most likely won't find the green circles on the motors.

HV Battery is most likely original as well as the exhaust.

If it's the car in Orlando with just under 3000 miles, it's not surprising that none of this work was completed, the mileage is just too low for any of the problems to come up. Did you read through the Buyer's Guide?

http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/4473-fisker-karma-buyers-checklist.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read briefly through the guide but to be honest I have not read it thoroughly as of yet. That is the vehicle in Orlando that and it has a bit over $3,000 miles on it due to the owner of Lexus driving it a bit.

There is another one in Tampa Vin# YH4K14AA8CA001678 which has over 11,000 miles and the dealer checked, and It also does not have the green circle. I checked the VIN history and it said the owner did the maintenance check at a bit over 7,000 miles. I am not sure if that maintenance check included replacing the motors, batteries, etc...

Thanks for your fast reply by the way!!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Both of those VIN's probably wouldn't have the green circle. The green circles show up on the later motors that were mostly used for warranty replacements. Warranty replacements were normally done on the earlier VIN vehicles because of the soft spline issues in the motors themselves or the clip failure in the RDM. Since these higher VIN cars aren't really plagued by those issues, I don't expect to see the green circle motors in these cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. I see... So would It be safer to purchase one with higher mileage thinking that it has crossed the bridge of some of those specific issues already. I'm sure there might be issues in the future... just wondering If It's a safer route to get one with higher mileage
on it. The dealer also said If I get him the price of how much the upgraded software would be and the updated motor he would work with me a bit more on the price.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
On VIN 1346? It already has the latest software. Retail, motors were around $4125 which are currently not available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. Thank again for your help. It's greatly appreciated! I think I'm gonna go with the one in Tampa Vin #1346 with the higher mileage. I think It might be safer...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh.... sorry... does VIN YH4K14AA8CA001678 (which is the one with more miles 11,000) have the latest software update? Sorry...

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Oh.... sorry... does VIN YH4K14AA8CA001678 (which is the one with more miles 11,000) have the latest software update? Sorry...
Yes that car has the latest software .The car was also sold by Fisker Tampa they can also tell you what work was done on the car I know the tech at that dealership also . Where do you live ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can I give you my personal email so you can send me an email, And I can give you my contact Info se we can possibly speak over the phone? I just test drove one and I'm going to Tampa to drive the other tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello again,
Sorry to be a bother but I am leaving for Tampa at 12:30 and was wondering If you had some additional info you mentioned regarding the car in Tampa? You mentioned you knew the technician at Jaguar of Tampa....Is it possible to find out any more info on the car?? Thanks a million!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
YH4K14AA8CA001678 is for sale for $34900

Can anyone tell me about this car YH4K14AA8CA001678 ? I see it has had 6 owners. Is there an issue that makes people unload this quickly each time. The price is hard to ignore. Anyones feedback is greatly appreciated. -Angelo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts